We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice restaurant in Parramatta

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,645 posts
155 reviews
Save Topic
Nice restaurant in Parramatta

I need to organise a long lunch for a group of about 15 ladies and they are coming from all directions and they think the most central spot is Parramatta.

Would like something with a great view perhaps over the river or somewhere we could sit outside if weather permits (mid April). Great food, a few wines and a nice atmosphere.

I wanted to go to Red Lantern in Surry Hills but trying to accomodate everyone and driving distances is proving to be the issue.

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
18,976 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice restaurant in Parramatta

Hey Millsie,

any particular kind?

If you like Lebenese, Sahara might fit your bill... it's on the banks of the river (but not exactly a great view though) and not too far to walk from the station for anyone coming by train. Parking nearby in those Wilsons multi-deck or if you're lucky in the streets nearby (metred)

or you could try Lachlans in the Old Government House - lovely setting but not exactly 'views' - just down the hill from the school I teach at - we've had a few functions there. Plenty of parking and the 'loop' bus could cater for those who come by train

Peroni's at Harris Park is lovely though I don't recall if they have outdoor dining - we have gone here for a number of school dinners etc

hope this gets you started

cheers

helen

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,645 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice restaurant in Parramatta

Hi helen

My sister who lives out at Richmond just sent me a text and suggested The Port Bar??? Do you know it?

I will have a look at Peroni's. Anywhere else along the river that you can think of would be a good starting point. We don't actually need a view so any other restaurants that you can recommend would be great.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Family Travel
Level Contributor
9,168 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice restaurant in Parramatta

Although it's been years since I've been there Courtneys has always had a great reputation & still makes it ito the Good Food Guide each year.

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
18,976 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice restaurant in Parramatta

Sorry Millsie, don't know the Port Bar ... apart from school functions, I try to avoid eating in Parramatta .. too likely to run into kids from school or ex-students!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,545 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nice restaurant in Parramatta

The Port Bar is OK. Right next to the river cat terminal in Parramatta, so if the river is high enough, that is another way to arrive. If the river is low, they bus you from Meadowbank or Olympic Park rivercat stops. The food was nice and it is a reasonably pretty space.

http://goo.gl/maps/F8ufL down past the awning struts

Parramatta is not noted for views, as it is quite flat. But Church St is one long strip of indoor/outdoor restaurants. We have had lunch at 317 fairly often and it is good. About opposite is a lovely Lebanese place, El Phonecian who can probably give you a private room. Parking is just behind this.

Edited: 8:27 pm, February 28, 2013
6. Re: Nice restaurant in Parramatta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:05 pm, February 28, 2013
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,545 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nice restaurant in Parramatta

That's a bit far out for Parra though the views of the train line and car park could be recommended. And many of their floor shows feature big stars (of the 60s) trying to eke out their pensions. It might offer a trip down memory lane perhaps.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,645 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nice restaurant in Parramatta

mmm...my sister in law has now recommended a restaurant in Cabarita which has nice views so going to check it out. Trying to settle on a location wont be easy but I am just going to pick one and then everyone make their way there.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions

9. Re: Nice restaurant in Parramatta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 03, 2014