We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours including: Blue Mountains, Featherdale & Jenolan caves

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
438 posts
125 reviews
Save Topic
Tours including: Blue Mountains, Featherdale & Jenolan caves

Hi,

I am looking for a tour that would include the Blue mountains, Featherdale Wild life park & the Jenolan caves. Is there such a tour available ? I have looked at different tour operator's websites and can only find 2 of the 3 in any combination....

Also, would prefer to take a tour that returns by boat to Sydney harbour. Any tour companies anyone can recommend that would cover all this ?

Many thanks !!

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Tours including: Blue Mountains, Featherdale & Jenolan caves

i think euroka clearing used to get a bit of publicity here because there was a chance of seeing kangaroos in the wild.

while that might not instil much excitement with locals (esp those who live on the south coast where they are in plague proportions.....5 in my front yard right now) it might be an opportunity for those wont see them elsewhere. but i dont think sightings were ever guaranteed.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
27,368 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Tours including: Blue Mountains, Featherdale & Jenolan caves

Ok, I have to speak up here. I've been to Jenolan Caves four times! and I live in Vancouver, BC! I love the caves, I think its a unique experience and on our most recent trip with our children they really enjoyed it as well. And there's a platypus that lives in the pond!

I love the road down there and the grand entrance and the history of the place. Love everything about it and I would easily put it on my list of top 5 must do activities. Ok, don't eat there, that part I don't love. Pack a lunch.

I've always done the Blue Mountains as a self-guided trip, but I've always stayed overnight in Katoomba. Actually, on the most recent trip we were planning to stay in Lithgow (friends) and ended up in the hotel at Jenolan Caves. I've always wanted to stay there and so I was glad to get that checked off my list.

I guess caving isn't everybody's thing. Fair enough, but I think the Jenolan Caves are fantastic.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
19,396 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Tours including: Blue Mountains, Featherdale & Jenolan caves

It is the place off Glenbrook and it is either very early morning or late afternoon there is usually a small mob of roos. It's been quite a while since I've been there.

Many of the tour groups used to stop but after going to Featherdale first, most of the roos, if not all, would be gone.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
11,154 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Tours including: Blue Mountains, Featherdale & Jenolan caves

Jenolan caves are absolutely beautiful... not just the caves but the drive down the valley, the ponds and Jenolan House.( I agree with Vancouverite... don't eat there unless desperate) The Blue Mountains deserve at least an entire day ... if you can hire a car and self drive even better. Australian "mountains" are nothing like the northern hemispheres, they are unique. Given the chance a day trip to the caves, maybe overnight at a B&B at Mt Victoria or Blackheath and then do the mountain highlights. I lived in Katoomba and Leura for 9 years and never tired of the vistas.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
15,247 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Tours including: Blue Mountains, Featherdale & Jenolan caves

I would have to agree with Van and Able above. The caves are amazing - some of the best I have been to around the world.

My last time there was a 3 day weekend and I still only saw about a third of the total cave system. And there are platypuses in the neighbouring lake near Caves House. (You wont find them at something tacky like Featherdale).

I guess your choice is natures natural wonders like the Blue Mountains and Jenolan - or a bunch of animals in captivity.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
438 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Tours including: Blue Mountains, Featherdale & Jenolan caves

Wow thanks for all the feedback, very useful information ! I shall continue the planning of my trip and might be back (probably will) on the forums for further guidance.

Your help is much appreciated, thank you so very much :)

Sydney
Level Contributor
289 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Tours including: Blue Mountains, Featherdale & Jenolan caves

Another person who loves the caves here! If you're up to it, get a car and drive out to the mountains and caves, stay overnight in Leura or Katoomba. Take a tour of one of the smaller caves, eg River Cave and compare it to a large one like Lucas Cave. Very different experiences. Or if you're REALLY keen, go spelunking! On my to-do list. I don't see why you'd bother travelling all the way to Blacktown to see some native animals, you can do that at Wildlife World or the zoo. But even without the caves, there is much to see in the mountains and I wouldn't take time out of the day to stop at Featherdale. And agree that the river cruise is not as pretty as a harbour one. Take a ferry to Manly or Watson's Bay for a harbour cruise without forking out for one of the cruising companies.

28. Re: Tours including: Blue Mountains, Featherdale & Jenolan caves

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 20, 2014