We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation October at The Rocks

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
309 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation October at The Rocks

Hi Guys,

Sorry to ask the same old question that has been asked so many times. I have plowed through the forum, read the hotel listing in Tripadvisor but still have zero idea where to stay!

There will be 3 of us visiting Sydney on October. I am looking for accommodation at central, convenient location to attractions, eateries and transportation and safe at night with price less than AUD250. I heard the Rocks area is good.

I am more inclined to stay in service apartment but all seems expensive.

Thank you very much!

Syllaw

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Family Travel
Level Contributor
9,099 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation October at The Rocks

Have a look at Travelodge Wynyard. As well as checking the Travelodge website also check rates on www.wotif.com.au. & www.lastminute.com.au if their rates are out for that far. Another poster was saying they hit a good deal there. It is an easy 10 min walk to The Rocks/Circular Quay.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
68 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation October at The Rocks

Hotels in Sydney are rather expensive, especially down at The Rocks. If you look at websites such as www.lastminute.com.au or www.wotif.com you can see if any of the Mystery hotels are available. They are always 4.5 or 5 star and located in the CBD.

If you dont mind taking a gamble, all the major 5 star hotels are very central. Sydney CBD is not very big at all and its very easy to walk everywhere.

It could be an option and you get a nice hotel at half the price.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,263 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation October at The Rocks

I second that suggestion of Travelodge Wynyard, it's affordable, convenient and close to the rocks area.

If you are set on being in the heart of the Rocks, others to consider are Old Sydney Holiday Inn, The Russell Hotel, and Sebel Pier One - although they would all be pushing the boundary of your budget limits.

Most hotels would list their properties minimum 6 months out on various online travel agencies.

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation October at The Rocks

http://www.harbourrocks.com.au/

basic rooms are around $250

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
309 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation October at The Rocks

Thank you, guys!

I ll look up for the rate of recommended accommodations. Hope they are within budget :-)

Syllaw

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
309 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodation October at The Rocks

Hi Guys!

Just update. I have booked a 2bedrooms apartment, Meriton on Kent St. It isnt in The Rocks area as I wanted previously and beyond budget. However it looks lovely so i just took it :-)

Syllaw

Australia
Level Contributor
1,351 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accommodation October at The Rocks

Syllaw

Good choice. Meriton Kent St is pretty good, in terms of apartment furnishings, locale (plenty of cheap makan places - mainly Asian - 5 mins walk away). Can walk to the Rocks in 20 min, or take free 555 bus from bus stop outside hotel. Also close to Town Hall Railway Station.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
309 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Accommodation October at The Rocks

Thanks Shazam! You have given me many good recommendation for my melb n sydney trip :-)

Syllaw

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
29,858 posts
1,348 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Accommodation October at The Rocks

Merition in Kent is a good choice for your budget. as mentioned you do have the free 555 bus outside which will make things easier.

Enjoy Sydney !

Sydney
Level Contributor
86 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Accommodation October at The Rocks

The Rocks isn't exactly 'central' in my opinion. Stay closer to George St and Town Hall to make your life easier. Darling Harbour isn't the most connected by public transport directly either, but it's only a 5-10 minute walk to Town Hall Station/George St anyway.

Rydges World Square is a good one too. Quest on Dixon (in Chinatown) is cheaper but quality is also worse - probably better than Travelodge.

I think for $250 a night, you have a good range of options.