We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jetstar airlines

Norfolk Island
Level Contributor
58 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Jetstar airlines

Would anyone give me feed back on Jet star Airlines Sydney to Bali flights. I've never traveled with them before. Thanks

141 replies to this topic
Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
10,600 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Jetstar airlines

Jetstar is basically the same as any budget airline ... abide by the terms and conditions and you won't have any problems. If you read the "rants" on "don't fly Jetstar.com" you will see the complaints are mostly from people trying to work outside the T&Cs or just normal issues that affect all airlines. Do compare fares with full service airlines to see the difference. If you only fly with an airline that has no complaints you would never find one to fly with.

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
2,362 posts
600 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Jetstar airlines

Hi,

2c worth;

+ wife and daughter flew SYD - Bali - at Sydney airport upon boarding they were informed that the flight would be going via Melbourne - no advance warning?

+ last year Syd to Vietnam - seats so close together that we couldn't read a book - domestic air plane - so had to refuel - outwards and return - in Darwin - which made a short trip into a long one.

Would only fly with them on domestic routes ( and then if there were no alternatives) - no more long distance.

Valid point made by poster above - when you add all the Jetstar extras ($$s- food IFE - baggage etc) - you are possibly better off with a full service carrier.

Have a great trip!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
12,609 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Jetstar airlines

<<Valid point made by poster above - when you add all the Jetstar extras ($$s- food IFE - baggage etc) - you are possibly better off with a full service carrier.>>

Noooooo - the point is if you use an LCC you are able to fly from a-b at very little cost. If you want the "frills' then use a full service carrier. Its a no brainer surely.

australia
Destination Expert
for New South Wales, Noosa
Level Contributor
3,264 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Jetstar airlines

LCC without frills are definitely the cheapest way. Full service airlines rarely undercut LCC's on a-b pricing.

Jetstar are no better/worse than any other LCC (except re rescheduing)

Tiger got jumped on for things others including some big internationals got/get away with - why ??

Jetstar do have the worst reputation for rescheduling flights. Dont count on arriving at the destination in time for any special event - they might get you there next morning instead. Then of course if you do have to pay for an extra nights accommodation, or extra day car rental, and take an extra day off work, flying full service suddenly becomes the better value.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
366 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Jetstar airlines

I've flown regularily with Jetstar both domestic (Melbourne -Sydney, Hobart, Gold Coast, Cairns) as well as International (Gold Coast and Cairns to Japan) and have no complaints, the aircraft are new, clean, and the staff are polite and efficient.

If you accept that it's a Budget airline and don't expect the same as what you would receive from a full-service airline then you should enjoy your flight, read the conditions of travel on their website relating to check-in times and luggage, and you shouldn't have any problems.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
25,032 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Jetstar airlines

I tend to agree with the previous two posts here.

LCC is a matter of you get what you paid for and Jetstar is no different.

Yes I've heard of horrific problems on s few of their Japan flight by friends, but I've near personally had great issues with their product - except, as pointed out by a few above, for the rescheduling.

The worst I've experienced was a fun day at Coolangatta waiting for just over 8 hours before they eventually cancelled the flight to Sydney. Yes they offered us accommodation but as we had plans already for that evening, we skipped it. Caught a train to Brisbane and got in on the last Qantas flight before the curfew.

Their staff are fine, yes they are a little disinterested and could do with much more training on people skills, but who are we kidding? It's a LCC.

What I do see so often is Low Cost Passengers who think that trying to force ridiculous amounts of luggage onboard, then have difficulties storing it, delay everybody, and then get upset when the departure is delayed is quite amusing. It's a vicious cycle this LCC business.

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
2,362 posts
600 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Jetstar airlines

<<<<LCC is a matter of you get what you paid for and Jetstar is no different.>>>>>

summary;

...................................and sometimes you don't

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,355 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Jetstar airlines

We flew jetstar overseas (which isnt a big help...) but found that you had to pay for everything! The seats were squishy and food is average for airline food and the ipads they give you cause neck ache! you have to twist your neck in a stupid angle to be able to watch tv !

In the end it would have been worth just flying Qantas or Virgin.

IMO

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
30,501 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Jetstar airlines

www.airlinequality.com

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
12,609 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Jetstar airlines

Yes - IF you want the "frills' If like me you are prepared to take your own blanket and food and never watch the IFE anyawy. Then an LCC like Jetstar is a good option. Eg we are flying to Hawaii in July for $599 each. NO full service airline can come close to matching that.

Reply to: Jetstar airlines
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted