We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Australia trip

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
los angeles
Level Contributor
206 posts
Save Topic
Australia trip

Hello everyone,

I will be traveling to Australia in April. We fly into Sydney and have about 7 days to see our way around. It will be two girls in their twenties , and our parents. What cities/sites should we definitely see on our trip? What are the highlights of Australia? Would you recommend staying in just Sydney? Or traveling to Melbourne as well? Any other city that is close that we must see?

I'm just starting out here in the planning process, so any help or pointers would be appreciated. Thanks!

australia
Destination Expert
for New South Wales, Noosa
Level Contributor
3,258 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Australia trip

Though question without knowing the intetests of your group. I would suggest 7 nights best spent in one city alone. At most a 2/5 or 3/4 split between Sydney and one more destination. But first tell us the ideals for you, cultural, scenic, etc

australia
Destination Expert
for New South Wales, Noosa
Level Contributor
3,258 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Australia trip

Though question without knowing the intetests of your group. I would suggest 7 nights best spent in one city alone. At most a 2/5 or 3/4 split between Sydney and one more destination. But first tell us the ideals for you, cultural, scenic, etc

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
14,558 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Australia trip

Is this in addition to a Singapore stopover or are you researching which is more feasible? tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294265-i1748-k599…

And just so everyone is aware there are two threads going concurrently and don't waste time duplicating information. tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g255060-i122-k5997…

Couldn't agree more with the importance of you providing us with information regarding what you want, cultural, scenic, etc?

4. Re: Australia trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, January 06, 2014