We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years Eve 2013...please help!!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
New Years Eve 2013...please help!!

My husband and I (late 20's/early 30's) will be celebrating the New Year in Sydney, however we have no idea where to go or what to do (we're coming from the US). Personally I dont want to just stand around and watch fireworks on the street. We'd prefer to either be on a boat or some venue where we can dress up and listen to all types of music (not just house music) and still have a great view of the fireworks. Is there any person out here who can recommend a great NYE location for people our age (w/o being in a hostel type location), food and alcohol will be served, great view of fireworks, semi fancy dress-code and a dj that will play all types of music...especially top 40 & hip hop???? ...I hope we're not asking for too much :) Btw, yes I have read the sticky note on this forum, but that was still pretty general.

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
18,802 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Years Eve 2013...please help!!

there are at least half a dozen threads current where you will get excellent information - the search box will find them for you if you don't want to scroll down the list of posts for just a couple of pages.

you are leaving it very late to make a booking - many places will have been booked out long ago

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,131 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Years Eve 2013...please help!!

Finding accommodation and a booking on a cruise ship at this late stage will require deep pockets. I hope you have done enough research to appreciate that.

I read into your post that you have not yet secured accommodation in Sydney. If this is correct then that is going to be your biggest issue.

Most of the reasonably priced options are long gone. If you haven't yet secured a bed to sleep in I would get onto that ASAP.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Years Eve 2013...please help!!

evamelb,

We did secure a hotel long ago, so we're fine in that aspect. I'm just worried about where to actually go New Years Eve. I have looked into several boats and they all seem available and yes all pretty pricey.If we're going to spend lots of money, I want to make sure I am getting at least good music and food. I just dont know what vessel to go on for this...

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
9,539 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Years Eve 2013...please help!!

some choices for NYE:

barzine.com.au/sydney-new-years-eve-party.ht…

Glenmore Hotel Roof Bar

Sydney Opera House NYE Beach Party

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Family Travel
Level Contributor
9,158 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Years Eve 2013...please help!!

Great that you've got your accommodation sorted! Unfortunately we get very little feedback on the NYE cruises so I can't help you there. James Craig is one that has had positive feedback, not sure if they still have availability www.shf.org.au/cgi-bin/shopper.cgi…

6. Re: New Years Eve 2013...please help!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, December 17, 2013