We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go on Christmas for young couples?

Sydney, New South...
6 posts
Save Topic
Where to go on Christmas for young couples?

Hi guys,

Nice to meet you guys, I am new here. I am planning to go somewhere with my girlfriends (we are both teen, 19 >20) where is cheap but nice.We live in Cabramatta region, we always hang out to the city which is getting boring now. So please give me some advice. I'll appreciate it :)

Oz
Level Contributor
12,300 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go on Christmas for young couples?

Hi,

For something entirely different try the Zoofari Lodge at the Western Plains Zoo at Dubbo.

http://www.zoofari.com.au/

Cheers,

Edited: 10:56 pm, November 19, 2012
Sydney, New South...
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to go on Christmas for young couples?

HI there,

Thank for you comment, is that a zoo? My girlfriend doesn't like zoo so apart from zoo, everything else is fine :)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
5,847 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to go on Christmas for young couples?

Do you mean in Sydney or out of town?

Just for the day or for an overnight stay?

Are you specifically thinking about Chriatmas Day, or the Christmas period in general?

Something that's cheap & a bit different from the city, take a ferry to Manly for the day. Or take a train down to Kiama.

Do you have a car? If so, you might consider a day up in the Hunter Valley, Blue Mountains.

Lots of lovely walks along the coast if that appeals. All of them accessible by public transport.

If you tell us a bit more about your interests, I'm sure people will have lots of good suggestions for you

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,136 posts
1,403 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to go on Christmas for young couples?

Hi,

What are your interests ??? Do you like beaches ?? Please add a little more information so we can give you some suggestions on where to go.

Do you want to drive or take public transport ???

Sydney
Level Contributor
5,555 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to go on Christmas for young couples?

Head down to Circular Quay...take a walk around the foreshore up towards The Opera House and the Botanic Gardens...doesn't cost you anything and pick a nice sunny day to see Sydney Harbour at its best!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,581 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to go on Christmas for young couples?

take a picnic lunch to one of the northern beaches.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,581 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to go on Christmas for young couples?

or maybe you could do some volunteer work at one of the welfare agencies.

Sydney, New South...
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to go on Christmas for young couples?

Hi guys,

Thanks for of the your replies. I don't drive so public transport would be appropriate(We can book a flight if needed). I am planning to go to Melbourne and stay for a week. However, if my schedule doesn't allow to, I need to find somewhere around Sydney. Our interests are someplace where is nice (beach, or city), shopping. My girlfriend likes fun activities so I don't prefer walking or some kind of stuff. One more thing, we want to stay overnight. Thanks...

Edited: 9:30 pm, November 21, 2012
9. Re: Where to go on Christmas for young couples?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, December 16, 2013