We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Down Under" tour

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
26 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Down Under" tour

I have the chance to visit Australia next fall (2013). I'd like to do the eastern coast of Australia, New Zealand, and maybe even Tasmania. I thought perhaps 4-6 weeks total .Am I being too ambitious? I don't think I'll ever get the chance again. Any general suggestions on traveling the last week of October +. Instead of landing in Sydney, perhaps traveling from Cairns southward would be best. Any suggestions??

I can travel anytime in the fall of 2013.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
21,793 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Down Under" tour

Just a hint, as seasons are different from one hemisphere to the other, it would be more helpful to give dates rather than seasons which could lead to confusion. For instance, October in Australia is "spring".

Sydney
Level Contributor
33 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Down Under" tour

I think it is possible to start from Cairns and make your way south. I am assuming you are flying which doesn't take that long. I think a week in each city is possible and will give you a different flavour of Australia. October is our Spring time and Cairns is more warmer and humid than the other cities.

If you are going to New Zealand, it is best to fly out of Sydney and only takes 3-4 hours.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
8,057 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Down Under" tour

I would aim for 6 weeks if you can to cover all that. You'll need every minute. It makes sense to start in the north and make your way southward. Very sensible of you to start your planning now. You've a lot of decisions to make. So much to see :O)

What an exciting trip for you. Should be awesome :o)

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
26 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Down Under" tour

Thanks for your suggestion. I was thinking about beginning the last week of October and then all of November. I think that starting in Cairns, then Uluru and then down the east coast will be my best bet.

5. Re: Down Under" tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, November 16, 2013