We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap flights from Sydney to Perth?

Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Cheap flights from Sydney to Perth?

Hi I need to fly from Sydney to Perth on the 2nd of January to catch my flight back to the uk, can anyone recommend a cheap airline that I could book with? I have tried changing my flight so that I fly straight from Sydney to the uk but the flights are fully booked until the 10th January!

I am also going to by flying from Perth to ciarns during my trip, would I be better buying a multiticket? I have heard people mention something called an open jaw ticket but I'm not quite sure what this is, any info would be great as this is my 1st time in Australia.

Thanks!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
87,001 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap flights from Sydney to Perth?

You are unlikely to find any really cheap flights on 2 January: it is peak holiday season in January. Just check the web sites of the four domestic carriers.

"Open jaws" is a ticket to fly in to one city and out from another. For example, you might fly in to Cairns and out from Perth. But you have probably left it too late to be able to arrange this for early January.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
8,919 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap flights from Sydney to Perth?

also check booking site www.webjet.com.au for prices and airlines - current cheapest price is shown as $339

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
21,793 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap flights from Sydney to Perth?

I have found webjet is actually generally more expensive than booking directly with the airline. Plus there's the added issue of dealing with a third party booking agent if anything goes wrong and you have to change your flight time or cancel.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
14,820 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap flights from Sydney to Perth?

I would only ever recommend webjet for searching and comparing all airlines and then once the desired flights are located - head to the actual airlines site to do the actual booking.

5. Re: Cheap flights from Sydney to Perth?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 27, 2013