We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 full days in Sydney

New Jersey
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Topic
4 full days in Sydney

My Fiance and I are honeymooning in Australia and New Zealand and we have 4 full days in Sydney. The only thing we have as a MUST do is the Bridge climb.

Any suggestions of things we must see? Blue mountains or hunter valley wine are they worth the day trip?

Any suggestions would be great we like to stay off the beaten path and are pretty adventurous.

Thanks

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 full days in Sydney

if u r interested in wine the hunter will give u a good overview how the australian wine industry operates. but be careful with the tours u choose. many are 'wine for dummies' tours and can be frustrating for those with a little bit of wine knowledge. diversions to chocolate, olive oil producers and mediocre decorative gardens can also be on their itineraries.

there are other wine areas close but not so well serviced by tours eg. shoalhaven and southern highlands.

imo the blue mountains is best done DIY. either rent a car and drive the 2 hours there which gives u 100% flexibility with sight seeing or get the train up and use the HOHO bus to get to the various sites.

another day 's outing is to catch the ferry to watsons bay from CQ and, after exploring south head, catch a bus to bondi and do the coastal walk south. u can abandon the trail at a lot of places along its length and get a bus back to town

Edited: 4:39 pm, October 16, 2012
Sydney
Level Contributor
33 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 full days in Sydney

Yes Bridge Climb is a must. Scenic flight when the weather is good is also a fantastic way to see Sydney but obviously more costly. I would also try and get tickets to something at the Sydney Opera House in the concert hall if you are that way inclined. Blue Mountains in good weather is a good (if longish day trip) from the CBD. Scenic World (the scenic railway and the cable car across the valley) are great when the weather is on your side. If you have a car push on to the lookouts for the Grosse Valley as well. The Sydney Explorer bus (that you can buy a pass for and pick and chose which sites you jump on/off for) can be fairly handy. Make sure you see some part of Sydney from the harbour (take a ferry to Manly even if you don't stay long....the trip itself is the best part to me). I just posted another reply for someone else looking at getting out into the "burbs" as well so reading some of the replies people put for that might also help you. Depending on what you have planned for the rest of your visit in Aust/NZ may also dictate what you finally pick to do in Sydney Congratulations and enjoy the trip as I love it down this side of the globe.

Monroe, Louisiana
Level Contributor
203 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 full days in Sydney

Wonderful city and people

Bridge climb-absolutely

Darling Harbor --lots of shops and restaurants

Sydney opera hose--you can tour it

Koala park-if you want to see an assortment of Australian animals out of city

A dinner cruise-pleasant but average meal

You are going to love this city

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
26,003 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 full days in Sydney

I love the Blue Mountains, but always do it as an overnight trip. Lots to see and do. Jenolan Caves is my must-see destination over there.

Edited: 3:18 pm, October 17, 2012
5. Re: 4 full days in Sydney

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 19, 2013