We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sydney international airport

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Sydney international airport

Hi I'm going Over seas in December just wanted to know what there is in the airport meaning food, stores etc while I wait fir my flight.. Also duty free.

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sydney international airport

www.sydneyairport.com.au

Sydney
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Sydney international airport

It's an airport. They are the same the world over. Rubbish food thats overpriced. Also (depending on where your coming from) the stength of the aussie dollar means shopping here (even duty free) may not be that economical. How long is your stop over? and is it international to domestic or international to international?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
26,273 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sydney international airport

Def found the food expensive (which is, as noted above, a universal truth of international airports), but there's enough options that you won't starve.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
86,136 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sydney international airport

"Duty free" is not worthwhile except on highly taxed items such as cigarettes and hard liquor.

On everything else, you just get the GST taken off the full recommended retail price, so you pay 10/11 of full retail. On almost all items, you can get bigger discounts at your local shopping centre.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
16,168 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sydney international airport

Yes the prices are over inflated but there are coffee shops with reasonable options. I usually eat before I get to the airport and then just have a coffee and cake when there, depending on the time of day. This takes up some time. Browsing all the stores and duty free shops wiles away the time as well but waiting for a flight is the most boring thing ever.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
2,241 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sydney international airport

There are some food oulets airside but the food court is before you go through Departures. Similarly there are some shops outside but most of the shops are airside after Duty Free.

Sydney
Level Contributor
33 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sydney international airport

There is a McDonalds to the right after you exit the Duty Free Store. My personal preference if you can afford it is to go to one of the Airline's Lounges.

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,129 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sydney international airport

Forget airline Lounges unless you have a business clasper first class ticket or are a member.

Fast foods are there like Maccas. Same price as on the street.

Drinks in the bars are expensive.

Where are you you going? It may be cheaper to buy DF once you arrive.

9. Re: Sydney international airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 am, December 15, 2013