We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anzac Biscuits

Boston
Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Anzac Biscuits

This is my last week in lovely Sydney and Australia. One of the souvenirs I wanted to take back home is anzac biscuits. I am talking about the flat disc shaped ones wrapped in plastic you find in some bakeries. Is there anywhere I find a packet of 20? Quality ones too and not what you find at Coles/Woolworth. If anyone got any leads please help me out.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Anzac Biscuits

Yeah free Anzac bikkies, woo hoo :-)

I have been through the process of converting the recipe to US measures and watching as my friend in Rochester NY sought out the ingredients. He found all including dessicated coconut and Lyles golden syrup.

He now makes Anzac bikkies for his wife and friends to great critical acclaim. I'll get him to email me his recipe and sources, which being in upstate NY state are relatively closer to Boston.

Cheerz Wabster.

Rochester, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
32. Re: Anzac Biscuits

Wabster...the recipe is available from my dropbox account and it's in Word 2000/Libreoffice format for compatibility.

The hardest thing is getting the Lyles golden syrup, may take a bit of searching, but it is available and there is really no substitute to this. About the only other thing I can say to the folks is...WARNING: Highly Addictive...they just never seem to last very long.

Hope everyone enjoys them.

Winemaker9@gmail.com

https:/…20Biscuits.doc

If anyone has an issue downloading this file, feel free to drop me a note and I can directly email it to you

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, New South Wales, Cruises
Level Contributor
11,491 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Anzac Biscuits

Winemaker9

Ooh... they look pretty good ... morning tea at your place ??

Rochester, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
34. Re: Anzac Biscuits

Morning tea...sure, tea with half&half, yes, I do enjoy it English style. FYI...if you are not familiar with where Rochester is, it's just north of the Finger Lakes which is well known as a major winemaking area, especially Rieslings. Niagara Falls is 90 miles west of us.

Steve

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, New South Wales, Cruises
Level Contributor
11,491 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Anzac Biscuits

2% please.

You live in a lovely part of the world...

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
27,014 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Anzac Biscuits

And a big "Thank you" to Nadine. My Anzac biscuits arrived today. They're HUUUUGE!!! :)

I'll post a review on their deliciousness when I've finished them. Anyone else hungry right now? (nomnomnom)

Luigi

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
26,677 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Anzac Biscuits

LOL - great thread.

My gran made the best ANZAC bickies, and she swore the trick was to start them in a cold oven. I've made them with corn syrup here and they were pretty good, but we can get golden syrup here as well.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
251 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: Anzac Biscuits

Any UK fans of Anzac biscuits will be pleased to hear they're on sale in Morrisons!

39. Re: Anzac Biscuits

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, December 15, 2013