We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodation - where to stay?

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Prague
Level Contributor
26 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Accomodation - where to stay?

Hi guys, we are coming for NYE to Sydney. I have booked 2 hotels and not sure which one is better option. One is in North Shore slightly cheaper, the second one is close to Oxford street. Which location is recommended? Don´t wanna be the far from the city. Thanks

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
18,716 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomodation - where to stay?

If the North Shore one is in North Sydney i think that would be preferable for me.

it's proabbaly a line ball call for the distance of the two but you might be able to get a good viewing spot on the north of the harbour just a bit easier than on the south.

Prague
Level Contributor
26 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomodation - where to stay?

Hi, the on eis North Sydney, the other is Surry hills. I am thinking of saving money and stay in NOrth Sydney.

Sutton on Sea UK
Level Contributor
191 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accomodation - where to stay?

Why not look up the Y on the park> It is right by Hyde park and all bus and train sevice is at hand also Oxford St. is there too. It is very clean and more like a hotel. Breakfast FREE for the next few weeks I think. Great big dish of your chosen cerial, toast or bread with either tea or coffee.Orange juice or Apple juice . Well worth the money and better than our 5 star hotel in Brisbane

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
18,716 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accomodation - where to stay?

Unfortunately ennidee Y would be overflowing for NYE and have a long waitlist.

I would definitely go with the North Sydney venue... if you can walk from Wenceslas Square to hradcany that's a similar sort of distance as across the harbour bridge to north Sydney...but North Sydney isjust a bit flatter than if you walk all the way up to the castle..

Sutton on Sea UK
Level Contributor
191 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accomodation - where to stay?

Dopy me hadnt spotted NYE