We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sydney Musts

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Costa Rica
Level Contributor
80 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Sydney Musts

I will be epnding 4 days in Sydney in late March. Opera House, Darling Harbour, Manly, Bondi, and the bridge seem to be a must. Since Im only there for a short while I know I can��t see everything, but are there any MUSTS that I��m missing? How about good restaurants? typical aussie places not too expensive?

Sydney Australia
14 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sydney Musts

Hi

I would suggest you catch a ferry to Manly as this gives many chances for good photos of Sydney skyline and when the weather is good, it is a very nice trip. Restaurants are hard to recommend because we are not sure what you like. There are many restaurents aimed at tourists where prices are too high eg. Doyles at Circular Quay. You are really paying for the view. At Bondi there are many great eateries, some of them pricey others more reasonable, so without naming any this will be a good place to go. Coogee Bay Hotel is a popular hangout which is popular with locals and this is both food and pub for drinking. You can go jet boat riding on the Harbour - again a bit pricey but if you never done it before, something to try. Try to climb the Bridge, even us locals think this is a great thing to do. Doyles at Watsons Bay, the eatery adjoined to the public hotel is good value and has a great view back down the Harbour, also can get there by ferry, but just check when the last ferry goes back to town. Palm Beach is lovely but a bit hard to get to.

Good luck.

Sydney NSW Australia
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sydney Musts

Try the Sydney Tours Hop on and Hop off bus tour. They go all over and give a good commentary as wel. You can usually but a ticket for two days.Its a good way of seeing things, especially from the open top deck.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
18,865 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sydney Musts

Good, but also very expensive restaurants ($48 main course)

are Aria at the Opera House side of the quay and 41. Best view in Sydney. Bookings required in advance. Both have websites outlining menu and contact details.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
80 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sydney Musts

Thanks for all the info guys! Ive heard of Aria...maybe I��ll check it out if I still have some money left by the time we get to Sydney!