We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Sydney Hotel???

Broadbeach...
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Which Sydney Hotel???

We are flying out of Sydney for our Round the World trip and need a hotel with a good location in regards to the airport,we don't want to be in too much traffic on the way to the airport.

Cost doesn't matter and we don't need Harbour views,any ideas?

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,237 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Sydney Hotel???

The airport Mercure (formerly Airport Hilton) is very close and I believe have good arrangements for long term parking.

Broadbeach...
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Sydney Hotel???

Does anyone know if Sydney has any Experts?

Most other cities do.

Broadbeach...
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Sydney Hotel???

Trip Advisor-we need some Sydney experts.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
19,441 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Sydney Hotel???

John perhaps the fact that you called the Sydney experts Liars might have had an influence on whether they chose to answer or perhaps just the fact that they have lives...

Melbourne is excellent and certainly buzzing.

As you have not said what time of day your flight leaves then I'll suggest Novotel Brighton if its post 10am departure.

Anything before 3 pm then any of the good city hotels )probaably Swissotel or Westin or Sheraton on the park will avoid the worst of the traffic in the City itself. The intercontinental is also good as it avoids a lot of the main city traffic

BTW this is my 3rd atempt to answer as I've had connection issues..

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,277 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Sydney Hotel???

Local experts are volunteers John and some of them even have jobs and families.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney
Level Contributor
4,338 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Sydney Hotel???

generally the hotels close to airports are in dreary areas and this is true of hotels close to sydney airport. the exception would be the novotel brighton beach already mentioned by guruswife(the local expert for sydney).

another lovely hotel nearby(meaning that it is in the south-eastern part of sydney) is the crown plaza at coogee beach.

do remember to use the wotif site for last minute rates and hotel info.

Broadbeach...
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which Sydney Hotel???

Novotel Brighton Beach it is,it sounds lovely and just 10 minutes to the airport according to a review.

Thanks all,much appreciated.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
465 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Which Sydney Hotel???

As someone who only lives within 10 mins of the international airport, I would agree that the Mercure or the Sydney Airport International would be ideal as either place are within 3 mins reach to the Int'l terminal. While the Novotel is a fab hotel and great location, its on General Holmes Drive which can become a nightmare on any day with traffic.