We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Darling Harbour Bars/Restaurants

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
449 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Darling Harbour Bars/Restaurants

Hi,

I know there have been a few posts on this but knowing teh fickle nightlife anywhere, it always changes.

Can anyone give any advice on upmarket, "mature" (we are 35) but trendy bars in the Darling Harbour area? And also perhaps ones that are restaurants/bars combined.

Am going to Sydney next weekend with hubby (we still love to party though) - (and single sister who is not much of party goer but I am gonna drag her!!) so any suggestions will be much appreciated.

I do have a list but just wanted to check.

Marie :-)

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,201 posts
1,441 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Darling Harbour Bars/Restaurants

Here is my list.

Late 20’s – 40’s

Hugo Bar – upmarket establishment. DJ on weekends - 33 Bayswater Road Kings Cross

The Establishment - Trendy, ultra slick, hip and well dressed bar- 252 George Street City

Firefly –intimate and cozy with fab views- pier 7 1i Hickson Road City

Hemmesphere –super sophicated for the well-dressed. Level 4 252 George Street City

Industrie South of France – DJ funky music, live jazz with huge cocktail list- 107 Pitt Street city

Art house – Arty establishment with cool cocktails- 275 Pitt Street city

Bar Europa – basement - three bars with DJ opened till late- The Basement 88 Elizabeth Street city

Middlebar - DJ music with stylish drink menu - 383 Bourke Street Darlinghurst

Marble Bar – Up market Sydney Icon, cool architecture - Hilton Hotel City

Opera bar – cool live music and DJ with best views in Sydney -Opera House

Cocktail Bars. - Up market.

Lotus Bar – Classy decor and fantastic cocktail menu- 22 Challis Ave Potts Point

Marble Bar – Excellent drink and cocktail menu - Hilton Hotel City

The Establishment - only for the best dressed Level 4 252 George Street City

Tonic –intimate and cute with DJ music and comfy lounges- 64 Kettet Street Kings Cross

The Victorian Room –For the romantics who want comfort- Level 1, 235 Victoria Street Darlinghurst

Fix –In the ultra trendy Kireton Hotel- 229 Darlinghurst Road Darlinghurst

Homebar – exceptional water views and great cocktails- Cockle Bay Darling Harbour

Cafe Sydney - have a beaut cocktail before eating in one of Sydney's best restaurants -Level 5 Customs House City

Posh lounge –As the name suggests its POSH - Overseas Passenger terminal - Rocks

Ember Bar – Fab cocktail menu with breathtaking views -Overseas Passenger Terminal – Rocks

Orbit Lounge Bar –360 degree views with upmarket sophistication- Level 47 Australia Square 264 George Street

Bridge Bar – Sophistication at it's best -10th level Opera Quays

Hemisphere –Join in with the other fabulous bars- level 4 The Establishment 252 George Street City

Soho Bar –two for one cocktail 6pm-10pm, fabulous intimate bar- 171 Victoria Street Potts Point

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
449 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Darling Harbour Bars/Restaurants

Ellemay, you are just too amazing you know that!

Thank you so very very much!!

Can I just ask though, what is the best time to get to these places to avoid queues etc?

I read that you are going to Greece. My hubby is Greek and we went there for our honeymoon a few years back and it was amazing, esp Santorini. Rhodes was the best though so hope you get a chance to go there too.

Hope you have the most wonderful time!

Again, thanks so much! :-)

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,201 posts
1,441 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Darling Harbour Bars/Restaurants

Most young people dont hit these places to late 11.00pm..so it would be to your advantage to go early to avoid the crowds.

Homebar in particular..

Yes, I am going to Santorini..for three days..I'm very excited about it. I'm leaving tomorrow for Broome, Perth and onwards to Athens with a stop over in Bahrain..

This is my way of avoiding housework !!

Cheers and enjoy the cocktails.