We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AirBus Airport Shuttle - experience?

AirBus Airport Shuttle - experience?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:05 pm, April 19, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
21. Re: AirBus Airport Shuttle - experience?

My advice: NEVER USE AIRBUS AIRPORT SHUTTLE! I had booked and paid for the service the day before arriving in Sydney. When I arrived I called the office and they told me where to wait. They also said that there is a shuttle every half hour. After twenty minutes one bus turned up. Rather than greeting me the driver shouted, 'Where are you going?'. When I told him he said that he wasn't going to my hotel and that I need to get the next bus in 20 minutes time. Twenty minutes passed. After 30 more minutes I called the office again, they did a check and then told me that the next one would arrive in 1-2 minutes. 20 minutes later, one arrived. I got on that one but it didn't leave for a further 10 minutes. All and all I spend 1 hour 20 minutes waiting. I spent less time flying from Melbourne to Sydney than I did waiting for that bus. In future I will go with a more reliable, professional company, who are not so rude towards their clients.

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: AirBus Airport Shuttle - experience?

geez, some people are patient ( see #19 too).

after the first bus i would have cut my losses and got a cab.

so typical of the stories about sydney airport shuttles.

no wonder we dont recommend any of them on here.

Edited: 2:23 am, September 17, 2012
Singapore, Singapore
2 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: AirBus Airport Shuttle - experience?

I took Airbus with my wife to Sydney airport. We booked the seats a day before via phone and we had discount vouchers from some mag so instead of $14 each, it was $12. The agent took my credit card detail for booking. All good, they picked us up on time where they said they would. Then, before we boarded the driver asked for cash payment, not suspecting anything, we paid. Journey to airport was quick no complain. The nightmare came after we were back in our home country. My credit card was charged another amount we had paid. I emailed them and even called them and I could not sense the eagerness to help, they even accused us of taking the wrong bus, how in the world the bus with their logo knew where and when to pick us up? they also said the driver was waiting for us for 10 minutes and we didn't show up. It has been several weeks now and nothing from them. Had to call my credit card vendor to waive it. Probably was partly our fault not being more careful, sharing so that you (who are smart enough to come across this page) don't have to go through the same. :)

Singapore, Singapore
2 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: AirBus Airport Shuttle - experience?

I took Airbus with my wife to Sydney airport. We booked the seats a day before via phone and we had discount vouchers from some mag so instead of $14 each, it was $12. The agent took my credit card detail for booking. All good, they picked us up on time where they said they would. Then, before we boarded the driver asked for cash payment, not suspecting anything, we paid. Journey to airport was quick no complain. The nightmare came after we were back in our home country. My credit card was charged another amount we had paid. I emailed them and even called them and I could not sense the eagerness to help, they even accused us of taking the wrong bus, how in the world the bus with their logo knew where and when to pick us up? they also said the driver was waiting for us for 10 minutes and we didn't show up. It has been several weeks now and nothing from them. Had to call my credit card vendor to waive it. Probably was partly our fault not being more careful, sharing so that you (who are smart enough to come across this page) don't have to go through the same. :)

Adelaide, South...
1 post
Save Reply
25. Re: AirBus Airport Shuttle - experience?

If you want to get a transport between your destination and the airport, DO NOT USE AIRBUS.

We used the service between the domestic airport to the Holiday Lodge Hotel in Potts Point this week. We end up with took a taxi to the airport and lots of hassle with the Airbus.

We booked the return service and paid in full last week. I also confirmed the pick up time and address with them yesterday. However, NO shuttle came this morning. The first call I made to the company after 30 minutes past the booking time, I got an answer as the bus was on it's way to us. The second phone call I did after another 10 minutes later. The answer was no shuttle will come to pick me up and I have to pay my own taxi to the airport. We were very upset by the fact. The manager and the staffs in the company even not dare to give their name out. Of course no explanation with what happened either.

If you want to use their service, good luck! guys.

Save Reply
26. Re: AirBus Airport Shuttle - experience?

Don't recommend to anyone!

Poor service , no customer service skills at all, unless shouting and cursing at customers counts. At the airport the waiting area is a dirty old sofa which I wouldn't even let my dog sit on. Communication is poor unless you are a mind reader. Use a taxi it's exactly the same price

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
Save Reply
27. Re: AirBus Airport Shuttle - experience?

Disgusting service, rude staff (cursing and shouting) down phone, left us without any transport to get to airport. DO NOT USE AIRBUS.

Brisbane, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
28. Re: AirBus Airport Shuttle - experience?

A friend and I had a terrible experience with airbus. We landed at Sydney airport and rang airbus staright away as requested to let them know we were ready to be picked up. We waitied for one and a half hours before another driver from another company who had seen us there on his regular trips to and from the airport kindly allowed us to travel on his bus as he had spare seats.At the end of our holiday we didnt even bother using airbus to get from our hotel to the airport for fear we would miss our flight. I would never use or reccommend Airbus to anyone. Very unhappy about the whole experience.

Sydney
Level Contributor
5,555 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: AirBus Airport Shuttle - experience?

Is it just me..or are there an awful lot of one post wonders who have suddenly jumped out of cyber space to bag this company?

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: AirBus Airport Shuttle - experience?

Used Airbus to travel from Sydney International to a hotel in the CBD. Service was terrible and would never use them again. Yes they are cheap, but there is a reason for this.

Extremely disorganised pick up, waited for over twenty minutes once seated in the bus for others to arrive, was told to put my large 4 year old on my lap because they wanted to squeeze more people onto the very crowded bus. I refused as not only is this extremely dangerous, I had also purchased a ticket for him!

Standard of driving was very poor and I was very fearful because of the excessive speed and disregard for road rules.

Do yourself a favour and pay a few extra dollars for a taxi.