We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AirBus Airport Shuttle - experience?

AirBus Airport Shuttle - experience?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:05 pm, April 19, 2013
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
612 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: AirBus Airport Shuttle - experience?

The Radisson Hotel is in Pitt St on the corner of Hunter & O'Connell Sts. The entrance is in O'Connell St. It is a level 5 - 10 minute walk from Circular Quay railway station or a 5 minute, mostly downhill, walk from Wynyard. Both of these stations have elevators.

I have seen the bus operators around the city, and at all hours of the day and night. They will take you to the door. I do not know their prices or their reputation. The fact that there is an absence of negative reports here should be taken as a positive.

Western Australia
Level Contributor
481 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: AirBus Airport Shuttle - experience?

The Radisson Hotel is on Liverpool Street, Darling Harbour and not so easy to get to by train. The one on O'connell Street is Radisson Blu Plaza. I get the impression the air bus is ok if you are heading from the airport into the city though you do have to pre book and you may have to wait a bit until the bus has enough passengers to head off. The negative reports seem to be about getting back to the airport from the city when timing is more important.

Mentioned in this post
Darling Harbour
Darling Harbour
9,281 Reviews
Sydney, Australia
Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
66 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: AirBus Airport Shuttle - experience?

Correct, dandylionlady. We're staying at Radisson close to Darling Harbour.

And lesS_10, you're right. Honestly i did not come across any specific reports on which company, so & so...(so far)

Any specific shuttle companies which are frequently used for tourists and recommended? I'm sure for a city of Sydney there have got to be an abundance!

so first thing I'm gonna do after our travel is to write a review on the shuttle company ;-)

Mentioned in this post
Darling Harbour
Darling Harbour
9,281 Reviews
Sydney, Australia
Save Reply
4. Re: AirBus Airport Shuttle - experience?

Hey, I m very very unhappy and very very angry to take this Airbus. My bag already had fragile sticker but the driver still put other large lauggage above my fragile bag. Finally totel loss. I took this Airbus on 04Feb2012 at 11:35am from Metro Hotel on Pitt to airport. I recommend u guys don't take this Airbus,the driver very rude n not good service

Edited: 10:12 pm, February 03, 2012
Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1 post
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: AirBus Airport Shuttle - experience?

Do not use AirBus Airport Shuttle service at the Sydney airport. We booked online with them, contacted the company when we landed and still waited an hour for them to show up at their pick up point. To make matters worse, they pulled up to the curb right outside baggage claim and filled the empty seats on the van while we had to wait a block away from the building. The driver was quite reckless as well.

Mentioned in this post
AirBus Airport Shuttle
AirBus Airport Shuttle
288 Reviews
Sydney, Australia
Sydney
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: AirBus Airport Shuttle - experience?

Interesting - no reports at all, then suddenly 2 negative reports from 1-posters

?)

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
5 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: AirBus Airport Shuttle - experience?

A friend and I also had a terrible experience with Airbus Airport Shuttle. We booked online, and after 24 hours of flying from Europe, we called the specified number on arrival (as it said on our ticket), but we just got a voicemail saying "our office is closed, call back tomorrow". It was 7am. The printed ticket said pickups from the international terminal are available from 5am. We thought we would still walk down to the bus stand just to see if they were there, naturally, they weren't.

We ended up taking the train. They pretty much ignored my complaints when contacting them via email. I disputed the transaction via Paypal and eventually got my money back.

These guys are shoddy dealer. They will give you a really bad first impression of Australia - I would never dream of using them again or recommending them to any one.

Mentioned in this post
AirBus Airport Shuttle
AirBus Airport Shuttle
288 Reviews
Sydney, Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,182 posts
2,163 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: AirBus Airport Shuttle - experience?

Why not take the fairly frequent Airport Train from either Domestic or International railway stations and walk?

It's more efficient and environmentally friendly than waiting forever for some unremarkable shuttle whose driver may have to drop off other travellers before doing a 'Cook's Tour' (i.e. long drive) to the OP's accommodation.

Edited: 4:42 am, April 21, 2012
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,672 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: AirBus Airport Shuttle - experience?

The airport train is only worthwhile for one or two people. After that the cost to the city becomes quite large. $16.50 for a one way fare circular quay to airport. So a shuttle or taxi looks much more reasonable.

My only experience with shuttles is into the outlying suburbs where a taxi is well over $100 and the shuttle $30 or so. They have always been reliable, though sometimes a short wait when returning home as the rest of the travellers gather.

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,194 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: AirBus Airport Shuttle - experience?

All the shuttles operating out of Sydney have come in for a fair amount of stick over the years. The general concensus appears is that they are all crap. My own experience confirms that point. When I fly into Sydney I use the train if convenient or take a taxi. Shuttles no thanks.