We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi fares from Sydney airport

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bromsgrove, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
281 reviews
Save Topic
taxi fares from Sydney airport

Hi Forum

How much will I pay for a taxi for 2 from Sydney airport going to Great Southern Hotel aprox. 8km (5 miles) in £'s? Can anyone recommend one or do I just get one outside airport?

Thanks Debbie.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Family Travel
Level Contributor
9,106 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi fares from Sydney airport

Will depend on time of day & traffic conditions, but you'd be looking at around $50 (33GBP), plenty outside the airport.

Edited: 4:15 pm, November 01, 2011
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
29,948 posts
1,361 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi fares from Sydney airport

You won't have a problem getting a taxi in Sydney Airport. If you arrive early morning expect a queue as most International Flights arrive around the 6am time which creates a problem getting through customs & queuing for taxis.

Helensburgh, United...
Level Contributor
1,191 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: taxi fares from Sydney airport

Just a thought, but when we visited earler in the year, we opted for the train from the airport (to Darling Harbour area). I notice your hotel is near Central Station. I found the train journey quite interesting/scenic, especially getting my first sight of the Harbour Bridge at Circular Quay.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,826 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: taxi fares from Sydney airport

if their hotel is near Central, they'll have to have Superman vision to see the harbour ;-) the train gets to Central before going around the city circle, so they'll have to see Our Harbour later.

Bromsgrove, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
281 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: taxi fares from Sydney airport

thanks for info Mia.

Bromsgrove, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
281 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: taxi fares from Sydney airport

thank you.

Helensburgh, United...
Level Contributor
1,191 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: taxi fares from Sydney airport

Marmalade T,

Oops! As you can tell, I was just a visitor and not fully aware of the route the train would take to Central Station. I thought it might be a pleasant (and cheaper!) alternative to a taxi. Mind you, we did get a taxi on the morning of departure to the airport for our early flight.

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
17,788 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: taxi fares from Sydney airport

Depending on time of day and budget, you may actually be better off coming into the city by train. The fare for two from the International Terminal to Central (which is a 10 minute walk to your hotel) is $31.60 (about GBP20). If you are traveling in the morning rush hour (between about 7:30 and 9:30 am) it could take you a lot longer and cost a lot more to come in by cab. The train takes 20 minutes from the airport.

Sydney, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: taxi fares from Sydney airport

If you're looking for taxis while you're in Sydney, or anywhere for that matter you should get the gocatch app. Its free and you can see available taxis in your area. itunes.apple.com/au/app/gocatch/id444439909…

Hope you have a great time in Sydney!

Mandaluyong...
Level Contributor
350 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: taxi fares from Sydney airport

I advise you take the train especially if you are arriving near one of the CityRail stations (never mind if you are arriving by the Museum station --- no lifts, you'll have to drag your stuff at stairs!).