We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Victoria Court Hotel Potts Point

Florida or Indiana
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Victoria Court Hotel Potts Point

Anyone have any review of this hotel/inn? The location seems good. Should we book it for 3 nights while in Sydney? Also any "not to miss" places or restaurants in Sydney area, Blue Mountains or Hunter Valley? Lastly, is the Princes highway south of Sydney worth a drive or are the roads and beaches to the north better? Thanks!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,664 posts
1,612 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Victoria Court Hotel Potts Point

i would drive through Sydney National Park (South) and hop onto the coastal road to wollongong..after Woll drive to Jervis Bay National Park.Beautiful scenery...lovely beaches and just fabulous spot. On the way home just past Nowra there is a road that takes you to Kangaroo Valley...through rainforest ...villages...drive to Roberston small village and then to Berrima..hop back onto the Hume Hwy and your back in Sydney in approx 1hr.30mins.

ALR
Sydney
Level Contributor
129 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Victoria Court Hotel Potts Point

Haven't stayed at this hotel but just be aware that Potts Point is not right in the heart of Sydney.

Level Contributor
712 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Victoria Court Hotel Potts Point

I know the hotel and had stayed 4 nights back around 5 years ago. Its a charming place, very old with creaky floors and all. No double glazed windows and Victoria Street is VERY NOISY even late at night when the Kings Cross bars shut and the throngs have danced and toasted the night away, sharing stories at 3000 decibels above normal talking voices (you get my picture). Didnt get one good night's sleep while there.

Closest train station is Kings Cross - didnt like it even by day, let alone at night its down right frightening so Taxi fares will add a lot to your stay. Would try to convince you to choose a CBD hotel over Potts Point/Kings Cross.

Actually I am a huge fan of Potts Point but have discontinued my hotel stays in that area due to noise level and the Kings Cross element.

Florida or Indiana
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Victoria Court Hotel Potts Point

Thanks to all 3 of you for your words of wisdom!