We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palm Beach

Europe
Level Contributor
187 posts
Save Topic
Palm Beach

Can someone please tell me if it is possible to catch a ferry to Palm Beach. Someone told me that there is a new ferry from Darling Harbour, but i have searched and found nothing.

How can I travel to Palm Beach from the CBD?

Thanks DPEUR

Mentioned in this post
Sydney Harbour
Sydney Harbour
19,099 Reviews
Sydney, Australia
Sydney. Australia
Level Contributor
237 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palm Beach

No ferry to Palmy only the L90 bus from Wynyard Station....

Have a look at www.131500.com

This is the Sydney Transport website.

I don't think it would be possible to get to Palm Beach from the City without going through the Heads and into open sea?

Mentioned in this post
Wynyard Hotel
Wynyard Hotel
90 Reviews
Sydney, Australia
Sydney
Sydney
New South Wales, Australia
Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
8,121 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palm Beach

On the upside, the trip on the bus is quite scenic for much of the way.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,745 posts
1,768 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Palm Beach

You can only catch a bus from the city to Palm Beach.It takes approx 50 mins and travels through the suburbs of the Northern Pennisula.The only other ways to get there is by sailing which takes approx 5 hours through the heads into the pacific ocean.

I just did it on NYE it took us 8 hours in huge mountains seas and 3 hours back with a lovely northeasterly blowing.

Europe
Level Contributor
187 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Palm Beach

Is it Possible to do this bus journey from Manly. I am thinking of going to see Manly, stay the night and then travel onto Palm beach. I know it is not nessecary to spend the night in Manly but I will be traveling light and have no comittments with Hotels. If I can Travel to Palm Beach from Manly - May I ask what is the Bus number and lenght of Journey

Thanking you kindly

sydney,aust.
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Palm Beach

Good idea...you will have to change buses at Warringah Mall to a L88 or L90.

Any number of busses run manly-warringah mall.

There is periodic talk of a commuter catamaran from ettalong-palm beach-circular quay..but it never gets the funding it needs.

If you are a real public transport fan and want to see the Hawkesbury you can..

train sydney-woy woy

bus woy woy -ettalong

ferry ettalong-palm beach across broken bay.

Of course the classy way to go sydney harbour-palm beach is to take the sea plane.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
8,121 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Palm Beach

Or if you really want to explore the northern beaches, you could take a Route 136 bus to Dee Why, then pick up the Palm Beach bus there. Takes a bit longer and you need to cross the road to go to the right bus stop, but the excellent maps available on the web make it even easier than if you're just looking around when you get there.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,745 posts
1,768 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Palm Beach

When you arrive at Palm Beach..a great idea is to catch the ferry to the Basin..from Palm Beach Wharf..they run on the hour every hour..or as others have suggested catch the ferry to Ettalong. There is also the Hawkesbury River Cruises that leave Pal Beach Wharf at 11.00 am every day. This is the best way to discover Pittwater and the Hawkesbury River.

Palm Beach Wharf is NOT at Palm beach but about two bus stops before...ask the driver to let you off at the wharf.

Mentioned in this post
Hawkesbury River
Hawkesbury River
83 Reviews
New South Wales, Australia