We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodation suggestions

Texas
Level Contributor
140 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Accomodation suggestions

My wife and I will be visiting Oz for the first time next October. We will start by staying with Family in Perth before flying to Sydney on Virgin Blue on a Wednesday. The workaholic branch of the family that live in Mosman will not be able to play host till the weekend so my plan is to do the Blue Mountain and Hunter Valley tours on the Thursday and Friday. By returning late to town we can go straight to our Mosman address. When one knows nothing about Sydney's layout, choosing hotels etc becomes a guessing game. You think you find just the right place then you read the place is a pit. So someone please advise of a hotel where we can be picked up from by the tour groups and not too far from Mosman. Being it will be October and our limited time we will be more interested in comfort than beaches. Also our Mosman niece will want to show us all the Sydney sights over the weekend. I am looking for value for money rather than 5 star accommodation plus being somewhere interesting in the evening.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,442 posts
1,569 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomodation suggestions

You could try the North Sydney Harbourview Hotel in North Sydney.We often put our overseas guests here..as business is on north side the same as Mosman.Its about 10 minutes away from Mosman and five to the city.Very accessible by train or bus.ASk for waterview up higher than level two..as views are beautiful.This hotel is very reasonable with excellent staff and service.Its not a 5 star but probably around 3-4 but is extremely comfortable.It is also next door to the North Sydney railway station..so getting around in sydney is easy.

17 blue street north sydney.99550499