We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sydney Opera House Seats

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Upstate NY
4 posts
Save Topic
Sydney Opera House Seats

We are visiting Sydney for Feb 1-3 and Feb 20, 2006. I found that Mozart's Magic Flute is opening on Feb 20 and was so excited that I almost purchased tickets on impulse. But I couldn't choose which seats because I don't know which would be best. I am only willing to part with $96 AUS per seat, and am asked to choose between Circle C Reserve and Stall C Reserve. Is there anyone out there who has been to a performance and can offer advice? Thanks so much! I can hardly wait to start our trip.

Also, we need a reasonable hotel for Feb 20. I've noticed some great deals on Wotif.com for 14-day advanced reservations. Is it safe to wait or should I be safe and settle for an older, not so popular, cheaper hotel?

Thanks for your help!

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
8,056 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sydney Opera House Seats

I've found the pricing assessment of how good the seats are is pretty accurate, so I'd say if the seats are the same price just flip a coin if you don't have your own preference. Personally I tend to prefer the stalls.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
8,056 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sydney Opera House Seats

In respect of the wotif question. We tend to wait and book on wotif if we don't have special needs and are travelling to a major city with stacks of accom. I'm not aware of any big events in Syd at the time you're coming...unless Tropfest counts? You there GW, what do you reckon?

If you really have specific location or property feature needs, that you're risking, I'd suggest you might be best to book ahead.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
18,869 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sydney Opera House Seats

hi snodge and of course tomatonic,

cant help with a seat suggestion (mostly becuase i just happen to like circle tix in general so cant do a fair comparison).

Feb 20 is weekday and i cant think of anything that should cause an influx or major pressure on hotel rooms..(too early for Mardi Gras too late for cricket and all the other major sport is in melbourne in march!)

A tip with wotif..something I've noticed is that although it has opened up to a month before the real bargains still dont happen until the two weeks so hang on as long as possible

Sydney
Level Contributor
289 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sydney Opera House Seats

C reserve seats in the circle give you a full view of the stage, but from quite a distance back. You also get a view of the surtitles. C reserve seats in the stalls either give you restricted view, being right on either side, or no surtitle view, being right at the back or right at the front. So it depends on whether you need the english translation, and how close you like to get. With more expensive seats, I like the stalls, but with C reserve, I generally go for the circle.

I´ve used wotif several times and found them to be reliable. If you have your heart set on a particular hotel, you can´t count on wotif, but if you´re willing to be flexible, you should be fine. The other factor to consider is how long you need a room, you might not always get several nights in a row with wotif.

Upstate NY
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sydney Opera House Seats

Thank you all for the great information. You have made my trip planning stress free. I'm so much looking forward to our trip. Your advice was super and much appreciated.

-Nic