We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic Dinner

Poole, Dorset, UK.
Level Contributor
52 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Romantic Dinner

Hi,

My wife and I are touring Australia in April as part of out 35th Wedding Anniversary.

We would like a romantic dinner preferably with a marvellous view,possibly The harbour and/or Sydney Opera House.

We both appreciate steak dinners.

Thank You.

Southern Highlands...
Level Contributor
600 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic Dinner

Aria is located just infront of the opera house, really good food and good view I would strongly suggest it. There is a resturant in the sydney opera house called the Bennelong but there really isn't the view so to speak from there. Cafe Sydney has a great view it's located in Circular Quay in the Customs house, it's up the top of the building and looks right our across the quay at the harbour bridge and opera house. If you book any restuarant say that it is an anniversary and that you want a window seat. Hope that helps

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
35 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic Dinner

Yes Bennelong is situated in Opera House and is lovely, but you could hardly get a view. Sydney Cafe/Rstaurant in Customs House is loud and could hardly guarantee a view as well.

There are MANY restuarants in Circular Quay situated on the Passenger Wharf Terminal and I've been to all of them. I strongly recommend Quay Restaurant [guaranteed view] who has also won best restaurant of the year and the food is splendid. This place is not loud and has great service..and you must book.

But you could also have dinner anywhere and then walk along the harbour and stop at any cafe to have dessert of coffee and the view is right there. Have fun.