We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can anyone recommend good tour operator out of Sydney

naperville, illinois
Level Contributor
1,608 posts
111 reviews
Save Topic
Can anyone recommend good tour operator out of Sydney

We will be in Sydney Jan 13-23. This will be our 3rd trip there. In the past we've also visited Melbourne, GBR, Adelaide, Kangaroo Island, Blue Mountains. We will be spending our entire trip this time in Sydney since our daughter will be at UNSW. I've booked us on the 'Last Riverboat Postman' on Hawkesbury River, but we would also like to take a small (no big buses please) tour to Kiama, Jervis Bay and to see the Dolphins. BUT, I emailed a couple tour operators - one responded but with no definite cost,etc. and the other I have yet to hear from. Does anyone know of a tour operator that does SMALL groups, etc.? And, that will respond?

Thanks!

Carolynn

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
8,097 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can anyone recommend good tour operator out of Sydney

Sorry can't help with tour operator. (Bump) Have you considered driving yourself? It's easy to get to, and wander around without a guide down at Jervis. You can just rock up and book a spot on the dolphin watching cruises.

Luton
Level Contributor
10 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can anyone recommend good tour operator out of Sydney

http://www.oztrails.com.au/south_coast.htm

Have not been on this tour - but have done a couple of Oztrails tours of sydney and they are the best - small tours - no larges buses - Guides/driver real characters !

Might be worth atry

naperville, illinois
Level Contributor
1,608 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can anyone recommend good tour operator out of Sydney

After looking at various options, we decided to rent a car and drive it on our own. That way we won't be stuck doing stuff the tour company offers and doesn't interest us. I did check out Oz Tours - they only do that tour as a private charter .... very very pricey!!

Thanks all for you help!

Carolynn