We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Message for Ellemay

Cornwall, UK
Level Contributor
237 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Message for Ellemay

Hi Ellemay

Just had to say that we spent a liitle time down on Balmoral Beach whilst staying with my daughter. Even though the weather was not so sunny for our last two weeks with her, we still managed to get to the beach for a few swims. What a fantastic place! We come from Cornwall in the UK and we have a coastline of beautiful beaches and I am biased BUT Balmoral was perfect and we loved it.

Cornish

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,142 posts
1,407 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Message for Ellemay

Cool i am glad you enjoyed Balmoral.Did you sample the coffee at Bathers Pavillion Cafe?.

Cornwall, UK
Level Contributor
237 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Message for Ellemay

Yes, indeed we did, several throughout the holiday! We also had afternoon tea there one afternoon when the weather wasn't quite so good, and in actual fact we thought that it was better that the afternoon tea we experienced in The Tea Room at the QVB!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
30,142 posts
1,407 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Message for Ellemay

Totally agree with you! Beach today stunning and the water temperature divine.

Cornwall, UK
Level Contributor
237 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Message for Ellemay

Totally envious at the moment - my daughter has been emailing to say that have been going down for a swim after work and its been fabulous. Just wish we were back there again instead of here in the freezing cold and wet!!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
30,142 posts
1,407 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Message for Ellemay

thats why its so good being an aussie..lovely weather.beautiful beaches..great honest people...heaven in your own local city.

sorry about the rain in cornwall..at least you have an excuse to come back..must see daughter!! hopefully she has kids..have to see grand children etc.etc.

I am love Italy..always looking for excuses to go back.

Cornwall, UK
Level Contributor
237 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Message for Ellemay

You are right - can't argue with anything there!

That is one thing we did notice, how friendly and cheerful everyone was, always a 'how are you?' Nothing like the UK you would be lucky to get a Good Morning from most!!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,177 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Message for Ellemay

Speak for yourself Cornish- we Londoners are very friendly and always say good morning to people!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
30,142 posts
1,407 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Message for Ellemay

Which place gets the most rain ?, maybe its the weather that affects the "Good mornings".

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,177 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Message for Ellemay

Well Cornwall is full of Aussies who go there for the surfing beaches in your winter! In fact Newquay is exactly like Bondi!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
30,142 posts
1,407 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Message for Ellemay

Englishrose:I have never been to cornwall..(london etc yes).What the beach has waves/golden sand..I always imagined it to be rocky/pebbly like Nice.