We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sydney Restaurants: Jan 2nd

London
2 posts
Save Topic
Sydney Restaurants: Jan 2nd

I've provisionally booked at table at Cadmus for my partner's b'day on Jan 2nd. Was this a good choice?

We're visiting from the UK and I want his birthday to be special and would love to dine overlooking Sydney Harbour. Can anyone recommend alternatives for modern Australian food.

Also would love any ideas for onward land-based travel to Brisbane for a 7 day trip... where are the 'must see' places up the East coast?

Cheers

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
19,840 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sydney Restaurants: Jan 2nd

I haven't eaten at cadmus so i wont comment..

Can i sugget you read some of the posts by Billy bean who will be doing your trip in the reverse direction..

Must sees..almost anywhere..

My particular faves...

Port Stephens

North haven (drive up North brother MT for a view down the Camden haven).The up the coast to Port Macquarie

Waterfall Way (Dorrigo just behind Coffs harbour)

The towns in and around yamba

Byron Coast

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,664 posts
1,612 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sydney Restaurants: Jan 2nd

Not eaten here:other suggestions Aqua At North Sydney Pool upstairs overlooking stunning view.Ask for table closest to water.

Quay overseas passenger terminal.- circular Quay.

Guillaume at Bennelong opera house.

My favourite places are:

Newcastle beaches drive onto

Port Stephens

Port Macquarie- 4wd dirt coast rd to

Crescent Head -drive coast rd to

Hat Head

Yamba ferry across to Iluka

Ballina - take coast road to

Lennox Head

Byron Bay

Coolangatta

Sydney. Australia
Level Contributor
237 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sydney Restaurants: Jan 2nd

Hi there,

Have heard good reports about Cadmus but if you are not sure a really good site for Sydney dining is www.eatability.com.au as this has diners reviews for everwhere.

Other choices I would recommend are

Bennelong in the Opera House a consistently amazing dining experience.

Cafe Sydney in Customs House a great, funky modern restaurants with views over Cahill Expressway and the Quay not as pricey as some others.

Altitude Restaurant is in the newly refurbished Shangri La and used to be the ANA Hotel famous for it's floor to cieling windows in the bar. All still there and still amazing views, you won't get better in Sydney. The bar is called Blu Horizon and I would recommend at least having a nightcap there after your dinner, amazing!

Beck

London
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sydney Restaurants: Jan 2nd

I am so excited about the trip - will try some of your suggestions - thanks a million for your help.

x