We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip advice

Middlesbrough...
5 posts
Save Topic
Trip advice

We fly to Sydney next week and are also going to Cairns. Is it better to book any trips on the intrenet before we go or should we wait until we arrive. Is there any advice on the best trips and sights for both places and are there any we should avoid. Any advice would be appreciated.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
19,073 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip advice

As it is not peak season and the weather is not predictable at the moment unless you are in Cairns for less than 3 days then there is not really the necessity to prebook.

bridgeclimb is usually okay to book the day or 2 before (twilight climbs are sometimes an exception.

There are a huge number of posts on where to go and what to do depending on interests so have a look back at posts on the cairns forum.. Travelport has great ideas for up north...

In Sydney have a look at posts by myself, Alanj and snodge to give you a few ideas. If you click on he posters name it will give you a list of recent replies

Broadbeach...
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip advice

As i travel everywhere with the lapptop,i tend to book everything online and it's usually cheaper if you book direct with the company and eliminating the booking fee that tour desks charge.

Toronto
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip advice

hi john.

any site suggestions to book online? tx!

Middlesbrough...
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip advice

Thank you for all the advice everyone has given us over the last few weeks,it has been very useful. I am very excited about coming to Sydney/Cairns, not looking forward to the long flight but who does. This site is so useful I will be checking it out when I come back and plan my next trip,think it could be Australia again.

Best wishes to every one who has replied to my questions.

XXX

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney
Level Contributor
4,261 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip advice

tropicaltraveller,

tell us what sites you are looking for? hotels(budget range),tours,tranport? what areas - sydney, cairns?

for hotels, use www.wotif.com for reference. has good links to the hotels and also good maps.