We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sydney during New Years

India
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sydney during New Years

Hi,

We are a family of 2 adults and 2 kids, aged 3 and 10, visiting Sydney during New Years.

Apparently it seems there is no decent hotel / apartment in Syndey Central available at a decent price during the said period.

What do localities suggest ?

Thanks,

GP

Blue Mountains Day Trip and River...
696 reviews
from $167.55*
Sydney BridgeClimb
973 reviews
from $127.89*
All Inclusive Blue Mountains...
123 reviews
from $169.98*
Special Offer
Blue Mountains Wildlife Day Tour from...
1,037 reviews
from $62.73*
$125.46
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
19,194 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sydney during New Years

GP

I put a reply under your other thread before i saw this post..

My suggestion is to either stay somehwere out of the city for at least the 31st and then move..or see what you can get that does not incude NYE...

Alternatively... do another part of the trip (eg melbourne/Cairns) first and do Sydney last...

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sydney during New Years

it will be ard to get cheap accom anywhere during the christmas new years period, especially as you have left booking so late. you will probably need to look at places further out, or settle for a lower standard of accom

India
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Sydney during New Years

I got a Standard Room at Macleay for $105 per night, from precisionreservations.com.

Is Macleay OK ??

Sydney
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sydney during New Years

I have written a lengthier reply on one of your other threads, but, in short..... it's not top-quality accommodation, but, at this late stage in the game, you could have done a lot worse. It's fairly decent, I think, of the Macleay not to add a massive premium to their rates for New Year's Eve. Certainly, you will like this better than your previous choices of Talavera Road and East Sydney.

The one reservation I have about this choice is the fact that your kids are at a rather impressionable age, and they are likely to encounter several sights around the Cross that will certainly impress them! Might I suggest that, if it is possible to cancel this booking without penalty, you continue to search -- but not so feverishly -- for other possibilities, and, if something looks interesting, ask the experts on this site to evaluate it as a comparison to the Macleay. Don't cancel just yet, however! The Macleay is a bird in the hand. And, if it turns out that there's nothing else, don't fret.... you have really dome rather well at a difficult time of the year when you might easily have paid five times that amount.