We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cottage Point Inn

Sydney
Level Contributor
361 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Cottage Point Inn

Every so often in life you have a perfect lunch. Today was one of mine and it got me thinking that I've almost never seen the fabulous Cottage Point Inn in the Ku Ring Gai NP (in Sydney's north) celebrated on this forum.

On a fine day like today there can hardly be a better place in the world to have lunch, particularly if you arrive by boat. The setting is stunning, the food very pleasant and the service friendly.

You can get there by ferry from Palm Beach or (as two couples did whilst we were there) come in by seaplane from Rose Bay in Sydney.

If you're visiting and looking to do something even us spoilt locals think is pretty special then look these guys up !!

Mentioned in this post
Cottage Point Inn
Cottage Point Inn
383 Reviews
Cottage Point, Australia
Sydney
Sydney
New South Wales, Australia
Sydney
Level Contributor
2,897 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cottage Point Inn

OnThePoint, your recommendation is good enough for me.... next time when someone writes in asking about a unique dining experience for a special occasion (and I would imagine, from past experience, that such a request will come in within the next ninety minutes) I will suggest to them that they fly from Rose Bay to the Cottage Point Inn. Did the plane wait until they had supped to take them back, or is it expected that you will return by ferry?

Mentioned in this post
Cottage Point Inn
Cottage Point Inn
383 Reviews
Cottage Point, Australia
Sydney
Level Contributor
361 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cottage Point Inn

I think both planes waited. As we left the restaurant and headed back towards Wagstaffe I could see one of the planes moored with the other boats. The other plane was tied up at the pontoon by the restaurant.

In the "old days"... when the Berowra Waters Inn was in its golden era you took the seaplane there for the big celebration (well, others did - I didn't). I think that the CPI has now taken over that role. The good thing is that whilst the old BWI was pretty darned expensive the Cottage Point Inn is much more approachable. The two of us escaped for $50/head (1 course + drinks) which was fantastic considering the location.

Hope all is well with you, Alan. We've been away with Canadian friends up in Queensland and I'm just catching up with work and other interests.

Mentioned in this post
Berowra Waters Inn
Berowra Waters Inn
238 Reviews
Berowra Waters, Australia
Cottage Point Inn
Cottage Point Inn
383 Reviews
Cottage Point, Australia
sydney,aust.
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cottage Point Inn

Another option for seaplane lunch is to fly rose bay-palm beach and they give you a lift up to Jonahs. Jonahs had a good review in the herald yesterday.

I f you have a boat coming from pittwater you can sail across broken bay and have lunch at the restaurant on the beach at pretty beach.

Sure is nice on a sunny weekday!

Sydney
Level Contributor
361 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cottage Point Inn

That's my local, Jacko, and well recommended !! The Yum Yum Eatery is actually in Hardys Bay rather than Pretty Beach and I think I contribute strongly to their rent payments. I'm a regular at brekkie after kayaking. Gets really busy at weekends, though. Great food but still really casual. They feed us in our salt-enrusted rash suits at brekkie (but wouldn't at dinner !!).

sydney,aust.
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cottage Point Inn

Sorry to say it OTP but I meant Pearl beach not pretty.

Sydney
Level Contributor
361 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cottage Point Inn

Yes, Pearls on the Beach is another gem. Getting onto the beach when it is anything other than very calm is a bit of a chore, though. You have to moor your boat quite a way out.

Mentioned in this post
Pearls on the Beach
Pearls on the Beach
179 Reviews
Pearl Beach, Australia