We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's open during the Christmas holidays?

Canada
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Topic
What's open during the Christmas holidays?

I will be arriving on Christmas day from Canada, and was wondering which tourist attractions will be open (if any) on Dec 25 and 26. Is Dec 27 going to be a holiday too?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
19,067 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's open during the Christmas holidays?

Nothing will be open for tourists as such on Dec 25th although the ferries will run on a public holidya timetable so you may be able to do a ferry trip... The Taronga zoo is open everyday...

Most things will reopen on Dec 26th.. and if Dec 27th is a public holiday you'll barely notice as it will be busines as normal...just be careful where you eat as some will have a public holiday surchage of around 10 percent on the bill

sydney Australia
Level Contributor
871 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's open during the Christmas holidays?

about the only option on christmas day is to take a ferry to say manly and look at the ocean and the shops. the souvenir and fast food shops will be open not much more. but the corso is still buzzing on the day.

26th more will open including luna park, monorail, ferries, zoo i think. price surcharges. more will open by 27th .

the 27th is definitely still a public holiday, so use those public transport timetables for holidays, but yes the shops will be open and so will all the attractions. they will be busy though and food places may have public holiday surcharges.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,174 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What's open during the Christmas holidays?

Hi highflyer- I was around last Xmas and found most things closed on Xmas day- most activity was around the hotels or the beach.