We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather please.

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
2,537 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Weather please.

Hi everyone, whats the weather like at the moment? On weather.com it's showing cloud/showers. Hope we don't get rain. (We arrive on the 3rd)

Carole.

California
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather please.

We were in NSW from 8/7 - 8/15 and again 8/22 - 8/23. It was very mild temperatures at first, but they got a cold front in straight from Antarctica and the temperatures plummeted with a very strong wind. Temps in the days in the low 50's or below and at night in the low 40's or below (Farenheit). Definitely plan to pack in layers!

The first couple of days there we wore short-sleeves and jeans. When the cold front hit, we wore about everything we had! It actually snowed in the Blue Mtns the day we went there; hadn't done so in 5 years or so.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
19,717 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather please.

Carole,

The last 3 days have ben up in the 23-26c range for Sydney. it tried to rain yesterday but wont copoperate (good for you not so good for us).

They forecast 19 today and at 6.40 am the sun is shining, clear blue skies, and 12c.

We have been forecast showers for weeks and they don't eventuate... it is raining up north...

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
2,537 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather please.

Thank you both, looking forward to getting there at last!

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,341 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather please.

Have a great trip Carole and dont forget the trip report when you get back!

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
2,537 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather please.

Sitting in our hotel watching the heavy rain pouring down outside. that's why I'm on here!!

Hoping we can get out to explore when it finally stops, if ever. I guess I packed badly as I don't have waterproof clothing and am wearing husbands sweater for warmth. At least we've seen the city twice before so are happy to chill out for the moment, and I do mean chill, it's b...... y freezing!

Good hotel.....Holiday Inn Old Sydney.....our rate of 74 GBP & we have a 6th floor triple room with full view of the Opera house. They even allowed us into the room at 7am great service. Breakfast expensive though at 24$ for full English & 18$ for continental. Bye Carole.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,341 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather please.

Perfect weather for museums, art galleries and the imax cinema Carole! How was your journey?

Cornwall, UK
Level Contributor
237 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather please.

Kencar

Just spoken to my daughter in Mosman on thephone this am. She said that it has bucketed down all day and that it has been one of their coldest days for some time! I hope it clears up for you soon and it had better improve by the time we get out there in October!!

Cornish