We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does anyone know what films are currently being shown on...

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
2,537 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Does anyone know what films are currently being shown on...

Hi all, we are travelling on the 1st Sept to Sydney and wondered if anyone knows what films are showing throughout the journey?

I've checked Emirates own website but it's not clear at all.

Thanks.

Midlands UK
Level Contributor
48 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Does anyone know what films are currently being shown on...

I can't answer your question specifically but we flew with Emirates in July from Birmingham to Sydney via Dubai. On the first leg there were several film channels showing for example Hitch, Million Dollar Baby, Sahara- basically films just out in the UK on DVD or about to be. You had to watch them at fixed times. On the Dubai- Sydney leg there was a much wider choice of films, again probably no longer in the cinemas but maybe not yet out on DVD. The great thing was you could watch whatever you wanted from the long list and stop/start/fast forward etc when you felt like it. There was also a huge choice of TV programs and music CDs and the kids enjoyed some of the games.Now, this may be no big deal for frequent flyers but I hadn't had this before on a flight and I thought it was brilliant. You can also watch what the two outside cameras are filming- very exciting on take-off or landing.

We thought Emirates were excellent in every way you could wish if you have to spend 14 hours on a plane to get somewhere.

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
2,537 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Does anyone know what films are currently being shown on...

OZbound thanks very much for your reply. That all sounds pretty good. The films don't sound too bad at all. We flew to OZ last time with Royal Brunei & the films were only suitable for children, all rubbish to us! We dreaded the same on Emirates but I guess not. Plus the added bonus of booze being served....none on RB. Hopefully the films plus booze will help the time 'fly' by.

Like the sound of the cameras showing where you are flying, great fun....roll on 1st Sept!

London/Brisbane
Level Contributor
152 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Does anyone know what films are currently being shown on...

Check out their website. When i flew with them a year ago, they have their inflight movies published on the web.

DML
Hallett Cove...
Level Contributor
129 posts
411 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Does anyone know what films are currently being shown on...

the link is here

emirates.com/uk/…Overview.asp

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
2,537 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Does anyone know what films are currently being shown on...

Thanks pinky13 and DML, just checked that link but strangely the only route not showing is Dubai to Sydney. London to Dubai is there and is showing a couple of interesting movies, one I really want to see, 'The Hostage', with Bruce Willis. So that takes up a couple of hours.

After seeing the list I think we'll be more than satisfied with the selection offerred on the Sydney leg, just very mysterious that it's not showing? I think I'll just go check my ticket, make sure I'm really flying into Sydney!!!!