We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shuttle flights Sydney to Melbourne?

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Somers, NY
1 post
Save Topic
Shuttle flights Sydney to Melbourne?

Hi, I am looking for names of airlines that fly between Sydney and Melbourne. My boss is going next week and wants to know if she can do a same-day trip between the cities. Thanx for any suggestions!! BB

Level Contributor
712 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shuttle flights Sydney to Melbourne?

Qantas, Jetstar, Australian Airlines and Virgin Blue

all available online. Yes, can do a day trip - 1.5 hr flight in each direction...Qantas has flights every half hour most days, and can buy for under $100 US each way if you are lucky.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
18,821 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shuttle flights Sydney to Melbourne?

My suggestion would be to use either Qantas or Virgin Blue.

Despite the fact that Jetstar Fly to melbourne you are a long way to the city as it is from an Alternate airport (Avalon) and you will lose a lot of valuable time getting to and from the city (unless you're going to Geelong.

Australian flights only go from the International Terminal in Sydney..meaning you must check in much earlier.

Most business travellers use Qantas as they feed you and it has flights every 30 mins between the two cities. They have elctronic check in if you travel without luggage and you can choose your own seat. It is proabbaly the highest volume route in Oz