We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

See Sydney & Beyond smartvisit card and Bridge Climb

uk
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
See Sydney & Beyond smartvisit card and Bridge Climb

We've just review the above mentioned card and according to the website a bridge climb is listed as a free gift.

The Bridge Climb is $245AUD if booked via bridgeclimb.com.

We're missing something somewhere here surely :) How can the smartvisit card offer a Bridge Climb as a free gift.

Anyone know any different?

Thanks

uk
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: See Sydney & Beyond smartvisit card and Bridge Climb

Just to add...

...in the Virgin Holidays brochure the Bridge Climb is priced at £66 (sterling) per person. The makes the price at bridgeclimb.com seem expensive.

Sydney
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: See Sydney & Beyond smartvisit card and Bridge Climb

I am sorry to tell you that you are, indeed, missing something. I could hardly believe it when you declared that you could get up to the Bridge for free -- I mean, I live here and I can't afford to get up there -- so I checked the Smartcard website. This is what it says:

Bridge Climb

5 Cumberland Street, The Rocks

This may seem like something for adventurers only but any reasonably fit person can manage this amazing walk. This three hour endeavour takes you to the top of the bridge across catwalks, up ladders and through arches. Climbs happen day or night and all climbers receive a commemorative certificate and complimentary group photograph.

Please note, the charge for climbing the bridge is not included, the See Smartvisit Card offer is a free gift for climbers.

Free Gift

02 8274 7777 (Bookings essential)

Regular departures daily (every 10 min). DayClimbs and NightClimbs

are available.

Closures: Christmas Day, 30 - 31 Dec.,

and 1 Jan (am).

You see? It clearly states that if you have a Smartcard, the cost of the climb is NOT covered, but when you pay the full price and show your Smartcard, you will get a free gift. Maybe a souvenir beer glass or a paperweight shaped like the Harbour Bridge, or some other tacky souvenir you wouldn't dream of paying for.

I wish it wasn't so, but the Bridgeclimb is so popular that they don't need to give away tickets, or even discount them.... they just keep edging up the price.

On the credit side, most people who do the climb say that it's worth every cent.