We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to buy Cadbury Brazil Nut

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Belfast
Level Contributor
743 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Where to buy Cadbury Brazil Nut

Hi I've been led to believe that Cadbury still sell their Brazil Nut chocolate in Australia. I have loved this since a child but have been unable to get it in Britain for a number of years. I will be in Sydney for a few days next month after cruising and don't want to spend my time searching for shops which sell it. I will be staying in Riley St. and doing all the touristy stuff around the Harbour area, so if anyone can name a shop or two it would be much appreciated

Thanks

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to buy Cadbury Brazil Nut

I'm a huge Cadbury fan but, now that you point it out, I don't think I've seen brazil nut for a while.

Just checked on the Cadbury website, the only nut blocks they sell are "fruit and nut" and "hazelnut". Looks like you're out of luck!

http://www.cadbury.com.au/

Anyway, Cadbury is sold at supermarkets so try Coles or Woolworths.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
2,005 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to buy Cadbury Brazil Nut

China (the country) is having a huge clearance sale of Cadbury chocolate. Some are as much as 100% discounted....

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
4,131 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to buy Cadbury Brazil Nut

hmmm, we buy "Roast Almond" from Cadbury all the time ( way too often according to my thighs) so their website must not be accurate ??

I'm sure I've seen Brazil nut recently. Will check next time I shop.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,394 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to buy Cadbury Brazil Nut

I've seen ( OK I bought it!) cashew and macadamia recently in Coles-website is incorrect. You might be lucky with brazilnut...

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
754 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to buy Cadbury Brazil Nut

I've been told by a few people that chocolate of the same brand in UK/Europe & Australia tastes different - in Australia something is added to keep it from melting...? This may be an urban myth!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,821 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to buy Cadbury Brazil Nut

Yep, chocolate here (of the same brand) does taste a little different to that in the UK. My cousin works for Nestle (in Croydon UK) and she said (particularly in relation to coffee - I know, not chocolate, but same methodology) that the recipes/formulas are slightly different as research shows our tastes are different. I've tasted Nestle chocolate here and in the UK and they definitely are different - I think ours is creamier. But, all chocolate is yummy, so I make a concerted effort to taste it all, as research of course :-)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,578 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to buy Cadbury Brazil Nut

Never seen them but they sound yummy. I did notice that you can get dark chocolate "Clinkers" now. Oh. My. God. Delish! All this talk about choccies is no good for my diet :-(

P.S. HP stop being cheeky ;-)

Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
Level Contributor
5,996 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to buy Cadbury Brazil Nut

Check out the website of an Australian Institution:

Darrell Lea Choclates. Well worth a look.

http://www.dlea.com.au/

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
2,005 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to buy Cadbury Brazil Nut

Hey Adelaide74, we've got another new DE. So we gat another recipe..... Yaaay

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
4,131 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to buy Cadbury Brazil Nut

O.K. - just back from Woolies ; Cadbury - Roast Almond, Fruit & Nut, Hazlenut, Macadamia & CASHEW. But no Brazil nut. Will keep looking.

Chocolate varies from country to country. The yanks like it bitter. We ( due to Cadbury's) like it creamier etc... and the big Nestles of the world vary the recipe to keep the customers happy.

It a lot like beer really. The yanks like theirs all watery. The poms like theirs dark and heavy.

Oh man, I've probably just started a whole other thread....