We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

new year

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Topic
new year

No one has replied to my last requsts for info so i am gonig to try again. Anyone got nay info on what the rocks is lie for NYE and nay tips on the best places to go there? I leave the uk in less than a week!!

thanks

BC
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: new year

hi there

i am assuming you mean the rocks in Sydney. It's a great place, down by the waterfront.

Always something to do & see & a few bars & pubs.

It's not far from the main business district of Sydney

You'll have fun i'm sure

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
18,869 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: new year

hails,

I posted you a reply yesterday. You'd asked on Kmariners new years eve! page. Its on page 5.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
75 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: new year

Hi,

One important tip. Get there early. The entire area around Sydney Harbour and especially The Rocks and Circular Quay are extremely busy on NYE. If you have a problem with serious big crowds then this is not for you. The fireworks on NYE bring in hundreds of thoudands of people into the area. My suggestion is to get a map of The Rocks area and locate some of the parkland areas close to the harbour and around the base of the bridge. Alot of people will want to get spots so they can see the bridge so these areas will fill first. The pubs will be jam packed and usually overflow into the street. Expect to pay top dollar for a drink at these places as the price will skyrocket. A better option is to bring your own drinks with you. Police turn a bit of a blind eye to public drinking on NYE so everyone does it. Get a blanket and some food and get yourself a good spot. Get there early at least mid afternoon. By evening it will be wall to wall people. NYE on the Harbour is a truely awesome experience but you will need to plan it properly.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: new year

Thanks everyone

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
298 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: new year

So, we are thinking of going to the Harbour Party at Luna Park - has anyone got any experience of this event or venue? Thanks. We leave this weekend!