We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years Eve 2007

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Essex, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
New Years Eve 2007

I know its a bit early but I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips about best vantage points for watching the fireworks.I have been told the Botanical Gardens is a good place which has food and drink facilities.Any other ideas?

I will be in Sydney for a week in total with my wife and 4 daughters in their 20's so some advice on reasonably priced restaurants(any type) would be gratefully received

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
18,869 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Years Eve 2007

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g255060-c5480/Sydney:…

The above link will give you some ideas...

Restaurants in Sydney are reasonably expensive..there are a few good restaurants at reasonable prices on the Darlinghurst strip. Have a look at soem of the [ast dining threads

sydney
Level Contributor
659 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Years Eve 2007

The botanical gardens are a great place to see the NYE fireworks. Go to

…nsw.gov.au/royal_botanic_gardens/Whats_on/n…

for ticket info. They go on sale in October.

Another great vantage point is the Zoo. Tickets for that venue also go on sale in October. The other option is always a harbour cruise but they are very pricey.

For reasonably priced restaurants I would go to Glebe or Newtown. These are inner suburbs of Sydney (about 5-10 min bus ride from CBD). Newtown in particular has so many restaurants that you will be spoilt for choice.

3. Re: New Years Eve 2007

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 pm, September 03, 2009