We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last minute trip to Sydney and want to make most of time

New Jersey
Level Contributor
219 posts
125 reviews
Last minute trip to Sydney and want to make most of time

I have an opportunity to visit my student studying abroad with a friend of mine. Looking to go end of Feb for about 9 days total. Wondering if best to fly into Sydney and out of another place home to US? Or is it better to stay whole time in Sydney and just do day trips? Want to do a 3 day trip with daughter over a Fri to Sunday if anyone can suggest. She is 20 and my friend and I are 50s and one of us has some mobility issues using a cane.

All Inclusive Blue Mountains...
1,058 Reviews
from $159.40*
Sydney BridgeClimb
1,672 Reviews
from $121.70*
Special Offer
Blue Mountains Day Trip and River...
875 Reviews
from $114.10*
$163.00
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,911 posts
34 reviews
1. Re: Last minute trip to Sydney and want to make most of time

A lot depends on your interests (cities, national parks, beaches, museums etc) and budget ??????

Where is your daughter living in Sydney ?

Sydney Mardi Gras parade is on 4 March so hotel bookings will be more expensive this weekend.

You could fly into Sydney and out of Melbourne but will depend on your airline(s) and what you want to see.

www.booking.com for accommodation

www.needitnow.com.au

Leyte Island...
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
11,971 posts
53 reviews
2. Re: Last minute trip to Sydney and want to make most of time

You can easily fill 9 days in Sydney and surrounding area. So it is up to you if you want to do that or travel some where else.

So long as the person with the cane can walk short distances, my suggestion for 3 days is the Blue Mountains.

New South Wales...
Level Contributor
1,237 posts
64 reviews
3. Re: Last minute trip to Sydney and want to make most of time

Indeed it is Mardi Gras for the time you will be here so consider if you want to take rooms away from members of the LGBT community. Consider Melbourne instead or take the train to Tamworth, hire a car and do a few days drive around there to the Namoi

4. Re: Last minute trip to Sydney and want to make most of time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 23, 2018