We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

accomodation close to the airport?

Which Coffs Harbour hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hamilton, New...
Level Contributor
80 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
accomodation close to the airport?

Hi All

We have a few days in coffs at the end of this month...but our conecting flight back to sydney leaves at 6.30am (ouch)

Can you recommend a hotel/motel close to the airport to help minimise the early start? Something budget to mid-range.

Tegs

Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
Level Contributor
6,012 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: accomodation close to the airport?

I wouldn't be limiting yourself to accomodation near the Coffs Harbour Airport. It really isn't far from the town centre. It might mean the difference between 5 mins travel or 10 mins travel.

How many people are you travelling with?

There are quite a few good apartments/resorts on the northen side of town and down near the jetty.

I enjoyed the Observatory Apartments and Anuka Beach Resort, but truly there are so many motels in Coffs Harbour it's easy to find a room.

Check out wotif.com.au/

Hamilton, New...
Level Contributor
80 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: accomodation close to the airport?

thanks. its just my husband and I. We are stying with his family in 'Woolgoola'... which from what I can tell is about 20-30 mins out of Coffs. Would this be right?

We just want accommodation near the airport for the one night (before we fly out).

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
786 posts
563 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: accomodation close to the airport?

Anywhere in Coffs or the resorts just north of Coffs and even Sawtell is within about 15 min of the airport. Possibly less at the time you have to get up!

Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
Level Contributor
6,012 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: accomodation close to the airport?

Your right, it's only about 25k's or 25 mins between Woolgoolga (Woopi) and Coffs.

Try a motel down near the Peir if you really want to be close, like:

http://www.caribbeanmotel.com.au/

http://www.matadormotorinn.com/

(also good, but near the hwy)

coffs harbour
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: accomodation close to the airport?

Hi Tegs - we are approx 5klms from the airpost - but - we do free transfers to and from the airport. Check us out at www.coffsholidays.com

Jim

6. Re: accomodation close to the airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, March 21, 2010