We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast at Sydney International Airport

New South Wales...
Level Contributor
101 posts
296 reviews
Save Topic
Breakfast at Sydney International Airport

Looking for suggestions for a place to have breakfast at the airport. Looking for cereal / fruit type breakfast rather than the McDonalds McMuffins.

5 replies to this topic
Broadford, Australia
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,639 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfast at Sydney International Airport

Airside or landside?

New South Wales...
Level Contributor
101 posts
296 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfast at Sydney International Airport

Landside ie before security.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,131 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakfast at Sydney International Airport

I’m not particularly fond of dining in airport restaurants, and so I usually recommend dining in the city prior to departure - IF/WHEN - time permits.

Unfortunately, lesser of the evils are airside in places like Coast Cafe and Kitchen by Mike, but the latter has a smaller version landside. Mach2 is reasonable landside with decent coffee, but as a caution with almost all airport eateries, you aren’t going for high end service

Edited: 2:30 pm, June 08, 2018
Yulara, Australia
Level Contributor
1,315 posts
355 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breakfast at Sydney International Airport

For what its worth I have walked around before security to pass time and did notice an abundance of cafes and restaurants that looked much better quality than McDonalds. I even had a bite to eat at one of them but could not remember which one. It is much like walking past the cafes in the CBD, you will find one that catches your eye. Apart from that there is always the Rydges Hotel near the international terminal literally in walking distance.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
143 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breakfast at Sydney International Airport

If landside, eat before you go to airport.... there isnt much choice....

After security / immigration there are a few cafe's and restaurants that make decent meals, but if your on a tight schedule it can be hard to fit it in...

Reply to: Breakfast at Sydney International Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;