We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beach near Canberra -

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
beach near Canberra -

Hi

we are 2 adults and 1 kid. planing to go in June for 2 days to beach. we been to batemans bay and Jarvis bay quite few times and now want to go to some other beaches. we will be traveling from Canberra and are happy to drive 3- 4 hours. we are looking for beach where our little one can play and swim in water. we do not like crowed places and would a nice quite beach.

thanks in advance

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
18,355 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beach near Canberra -

Swim?... in June? within 3-4 hours of Canberra ... I don't fancy your chances

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
10,854 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: beach near Canberra -

Well apart from the freezing water ... which will ensure the beach is quiet .... have you thought about Bundeena? 3 Hours from Canberra, nice little B&Bs and a ferry over to Cronulla. The National Park is lovely also.

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
15,216 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: beach near Canberra -

The way I see it . .

If swimming is your priority get on a plane. Four hours driving gets you to about Newcastle I think, not sure if that's far enough north in June. Maybe you could even fly out the previous evening to maximise your time at your destination. Sorry I can't suggest anywhere specific, all I can say is go north.

If you're happy to drive for four hours a day over two days it's more about the journey than the destination. What else are you interested in, what would you like to see along the way?

If you want to enjoy some quiet peaceful time at the beach then the local South Coast will be quietly freezing, but if you're happy to forgo the actual swimming then it can be a lovely place to explore, have you really exhausted all the possibilities?

Canberra
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
432 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: beach near Canberra -

the Corrimal Memorial heated pool?

5. Re: beach near Canberra -

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 26, 2014