We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Western Tall Trees

MoffatBchQld
Level Contributor
24 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Best Western Tall Trees

We have a short trip coming up and staying in Ainslie, could someone please suggest a nice place for dinner and a good coffee cafe near by.

cheers

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
16,319 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Western Tall Trees

Ainslie is an inner suburb, it isn't far from the city centre. For dinner I've heard good things about the restaurant at the Ainslie shops (Pulp Kitchen) or you could go into the city centre where there's a variety of restaurants. There's a seemingly ever increasing number of good coffee places. Lonsdale Street Roasters in Lonsdale Street (so popular they do it twice!) comes to mind. Or for more chocolatey coffee there's a Koko Black in the streetside of the mall.

Btw could I please just implore people to think about their titles. I almost didn't look at this post because as someone living locally my ability to assist re specific accommodation questions is limited, but I thought sometimes there's more to the question so I'd better check.

Hmm, I decided to check the website, couldn't quite place the accommodation. >>ideally situated minutes to the city, Canberra's major attractions and Brindabella Business Park, Duntroon. It is also within walking distance to over 30 restaurants in Dickson.<< Well, I guess there's Dickson as well then, which includes Canberra's rather small Chinatown, but I'm not sure I trust a website that puts Brindabella Business Park in Duntroon lol, or did they leave out an 'and'? Off to google(map)...

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
16,319 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Western Tall Trees

Less than 2km to Dickson (major suburban shopping centre). Less than 4km to CBD.

Google put Ainslie Shops in Lyneham? Sigh, I'll come back to this.

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Western Tall Trees

can recommend 'pulp kitchen'.

bit hard to find in the dark (what is it with canberra streetlighting in some suburbs?) but worth the effort.

MoffatBchQld
Level Contributor
24 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Western Tall Trees

Thanks for the quick replies, will check out Pulp Kitchen and Lonsdale. Had to laugh at Pulp Kitchen - just saw Django and loved it.

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
16,319 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Western Tall Trees

Okeydokey. Tall Trees is

about 1km to the Ainslie Shops

less than 2km to Dickson Shopping Centre

less than 4km to the CBD

Edit: Oops, sorry, I didn't check for replies. Yes, lien is one of the people I remember mentioning Pulp Kitchen favourably. Haha, streetlighting in the inner suburbs, tiny little lanterns on huge naturestrips overgrown with large street trees. My hubby always mutters in frustration about them.

Edited: 11:35 pm, January 26, 2013
Canberra
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
442 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Western Tall Trees

yep - agree - Pulp Kitchen is the restaurant.

If you are looking for coffee shop / cafe the same shopping centre has '2602' cafe.

Oh - and MacKnee - I live in OConnor and the thing I love about our street lighting is that it lights the pavement not the road. Just to be a bit different.

Edited: 1:16 am, January 27, 2013
7. Re: Best Western Tall Trees

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, January 29, 2014