We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walk from Canberra Airport to Brindabella Business Park

Which Canberra hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
30 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Walk from Canberra Airport to Brindabella Business Park

Will be visiting Canberra next week and am wondering if it is easy enough to walk from the Airport terminal to the bus stop at Brindabella Business park. From Google Maps it looks like it might be possible but with a lot of construction work going on not sure. I am looking at the option of getting the bus from there to the City instead of paying for a taxi as I arrive around midday where there are no Airport Shuttle buses (which seems very stupid!),

Thanks

Peter

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
14,547 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walk from Canberra Airport to Brindabella Business Park

I'm not sure where the bus stop is but I think it should be okay. Most of the work seemed to be on the side furtherest from the business park last time I was there. This website www.nearmap.com is often more up-to-date than Google Maps (scroll down for personal use).

Edited: 8:39 am, November 05, 2012
Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
7,822 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walk from Canberra Airport to Brindabella Business Park

There is a dedicated airport bus in Canberra.

http://www.royalecoach.com.au/index.asp#

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walk from Canberra Airport to Brindabella Business Park

the problem is, big w, for some strange reason royal coach have a 2 1/2 hour hiatus in their timetable around midday. airline scheduling? who knows but a very strange service ethic for the capital city of australia.

Sydney
Level Contributor
2,456 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walk from Canberra Airport to Brindabella Business Park

The ACTION timetable there is pretty odd as well - very much geared to taking commuters there and back in the peak on weekdays.

Last time I looked there was nothing from there before around 10am, nothing after about 6pm or so, and nothing on weekends.

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Walk from Canberra Airport to Brindabella Business Park

there are a few flights into canberra between 1100 and 1330.

u wonder what the thinking is behind royale coach's decision not to offer a shuttle between those times.

they are part of the public service long lunch syndrome are they? ;-)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
30 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Walk from Canberra Airport to Brindabella Business Park

Thanks for the replies

I forgot about nearmap, its a great site.

The airport shuttle bus schedule is stupid, my flight arrives 11:30 so a long wait until the next bus. I'm travelling with hand luggage only so a bit of a walk is no problem.

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
14,547 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Walk from Canberra Airport to Brindabella Business Park

I don't know if you came today or are yet to travel, but I was in the area today and took a look. No problem to walk to the bus stops. The bus was stopping at this one just when I was there http://goo.gl/maps/ne1N6 and there's another stop here which seems to accord with the map on the ACTION website http://goo.gl/maps/Z8zLh I guess you took note that there's two routes to the business park and only one goes through the city centre. (Btw I noticed how up to date Google Maps is changes with how close you zoom in.)

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,535 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Walk from Canberra Airport to Brindabella Business Park

I've done this walk.

I had about 10mins to get from plane seat to bus and just made it!

However, be aware that the bus takes about 45mins to get to the city.

Canberra
Level Contributor
87 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Walk from Canberra Airport to Brindabella Business Park

I certainly can't defend the airport bus, but a taxi should get you into the city in 10 minutes or so for around $20. Unless you're on some dollar-a-day challenge and your time's not worth anything, I wouldn't bother trying to navigate the business park.

Canberra's not like other cities. There's no local insider secret for getting to and from the airport.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
30 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Walk from Canberra Airport to Brindabella Business Park

A bit late replying but I ended up using taxi both ways, return was a Sunday. Cost a bit more but was worth the time saving.