We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation with Nagee at Floriade

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
201 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation with Nagee at Floriade

Hello to anyone who is looking for accommodation for Floriade or for that matter at any time I would like to recommend the place I have just stayed in 2 weekends past. Nagee Prestige Apartments we stayed at the New Ascot Apartments. I usually go to Floriade about every 2 years and last time we stayed at Rydges Lakeside it is close enough to walk to the park but when we stayed two years ago it was in dire need of renovation but some had began at that time I thought it would be complete but to my amazement they have only just began to do the rooms now according to comments on tripadvisor so we gave them a wide berth and i began to look elsewhere.

I wanted an apartment style as we had our adult daughter with us i had sort of decided on one in Northbourne Ave but they where all around $380 to 390 per night for 2 bedrooms. The night I was going to book I stumbled across Nagee Apartments and when I clicked the site I was on I saw they have many Apartments in Canberra, The New Ascot Apartments is where we stayed was just behind Rydges in Marcus Clarke Ave we had seen it being built on our last visit it was only $240.

I can only say that it was fantastic it had two double bedrooms the main with ensuite walk in wardrobe and full floor to ceiling windows. The other double can be made to two singles is just across from the main bathroom. It has full kitchen with fab appliances, laundry in a little cupboard in the hallway and the lounge dining area is superb with leather lounge and dining suite and the same floor to ceiling windows as the bedrooms offering uninterrupted views of the lake and hills we were directly across from Parliament house barring the lake ofcourse fantastic. There was basement parking for two included in the cost something very necessary in Canberra as they are very user pay down there so this saved money also.

We could not be more happy with our trip. I'm sorry to say I would like to put a Review on but I can't as this company doesn't seem to have registered itself with Tripadvisor I looked and saw that you have to have someone on site at all times in the establishment to be included in there registration.

This sadly is the only gripe I have with the Nagee Prestige Apartment company as you have to go to Manuka to pickup and return the keys for the apartment. it was a bit of a bother when we first picked them up as we didn't know where we were going but the return was easy and we saw Manuka and there are great restaurants and shops there we ate at one Bambusa it was also great.

All in all we had a fab time in Canberra and this apartment was one of the highlights. I really recommend that you look up these apartments if ours was anything to go by I'm sure they would all be great some of the others even had pools and if I go back i would look at one of those weather permitting a swim.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
201 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Accommodation with Nagee at Floriade

The only problem with Breakfree apartments is that they vary in quality as they are actually individually owned some are great but others not so good so be aware they are not all created equal. The Nagee and Canberra Furnished ones have very modern furnishings that are maintained to a high standard.

I think apartments are a good idea no matter where they are in Canberra as they offer the room to move much better then hotel rooms especially for families.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
571 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Accommodation with Nagee at Floriade

I totally agree Jules, of course IF staying at Breakfree, where the apartments do indeed vary, splash out and book the Penthouse; views of the lake from the 20th and 21st floor (as its a two storey, split level) with verandah, bar-b-q, three ensuite bathrooms including a spa bath in the master. I know it sounds like I'm on a retainer but I used to live in the apartment next door and I occasionally booked this one for guests, including my parents.

Edited: 4:58 am, June 10, 2014
Sydney
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Accommodation with Nagee at Floriade

Also had a bad experience with Nagee. We chose a city (so called 'superb') apartment based on the map provided, but we were actually on a very main road which was incredibly noisy. Nothing superb about them - many lanes of traffic rushing by at all times, a smell of smoke from previous occupants, dirty carpet...

Don't stay at the 'superb' unless you have earplugs and/or sleeping pills - the in room brochure describes the bedrooms as 'tranquil' but they are definitely not!

This was particularly disappointing as I had specifically asked for a quiet location and we were given a flat righ on the road. The staff were unable to move us and when I suggested I might check out and find somewhere else it was made clear that I would forfeit the entire cost of the stay.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
62 posts
565 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Accommodation with Nagee at Floriade

Found this thread really interesting. We've just booked with Nagee for a weekend in April so I'll be happy to report back with our experience.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
62 posts
565 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Accommodation with Nagee at Floriade

We had a great experience with Nagee in 402 at New Acton. Picked up key when we arrived Friday morning, apartment was ready. Only 'hitch' was we could only pick up one key and cleaner had to drop in second key. And second bedroom was made up as King and not two single beds. But Nagee rectified that in a blink. Would happily use them again as apartment was superb for less than half price of hotel.

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
15,224 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Accommodation with Nagee at Floriade

Thank you for the update. Which building was the apartment in?

Brisbane
Level Contributor
62 posts
565 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Accommodation with Nagee at Floriade

The ApARTments at New Acton in Marcus Clarke Street.

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
15,224 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Accommodation with Nagee at Floriade

Thanks.

29. Re: Accommodation with Nagee at Floriade

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, May 14, 2016