We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Argyle Executive Apartments

Sutton on Sea UK
Level Contributor
191 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Argyle Executive Apartments

Has anyone stayed here. We are 2 seniors needed acc. in Canberra. These are in Currong St.. Are they near local transport.. Seem to be near Northbourne St which is where we were originally going to stay at Comfort Inn and Suites.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
791 posts
657 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Argyle Executive Apartments

I can only partly answer your question. I have seen their signs.

Location - they are about 1 block from the main shopping centre in Civic and about 3 blocks from the bus interchange. (East of Civic vs North for Comfort Inn). A short distance from Ainslie Ave.

I expect there are buses down Ainslie Ave, but not as frequent as Northbourne Ave.

Sutton on Sea UK
Level Contributor
191 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Argyle Executive Apartments

Thank you . That helps if we know we can get to shops and get around. Have looked on Google Earth so have an idea of distance.They look very nice apartments on their web site. Seem to have all the facilities we require. Is the neighbourhood safe. Will possibly book tomorrow

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
791 posts
657 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Argyle Executive Apartments

As with most inner city areas these days there are a few homeless and some pan-handlers, mostly harmless. And some flats in the area cater for low incomes

There are occasional reports of alcohol-fueled fights around bars and clubs in the small hours of the morning and occassional muggings of people alone in dark alleys, again late at night. I haven't ever heard of a couple having a problem. All low level risk, certainly not a major concern if you take basic precautions.

Unless you intend to be walking home very late there shouldn't be a problem.

Enjoy your visit.

Sutton on Sea UK
Level Contributor
191 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Argyle Executive Apartments

Thanks once again. We don't usually stay out late as we are too tired after sightseeing all day. Every bit of info is a help

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
8,112 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Argyle Executive Apartments

The Argyle Executive Apartments are in suburban Ried which is an older but high quality area adjacent to central Canberra (Civic) it is a 10 -15 minute walk to the main shopping area in Civic where there are lots of restaurants.

Nearby, on the way to Civis is the very nice Glebe Park. Northbourne Avenue is also a 10 - 15 minute walk.

There are plenty of busses on several route nearby.

For information on Canberra http://www.visitcanberra.com.au/

For bus routes and time tables http://www.action.act.gov.au/routes.cfm

Hope all this helps

If you want more information click on my user name and you will be able to send me messages direct.

Bendigo, Australia
Level Contributor
94 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Argyle Executive Apartments

Another great hotel to stay at in Civic is the James Court Apartments. When I first moved to Canberra I stayed here for about a week and thought they were absolutely lovely. The only time I have ever heard of anything bad happening here is during the time of Summernats, and that basically affects every business in civic I think - I always stay clear of the city during that time! :)

Happy to answer any other questions you may have

Bendigo, Australia
Level Contributor
94 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Argyle Executive Apartments

I should add that James Court Apartments are smack bang in the middle of civic and very accessible to the shopping centre

8. Re: Argyle Executive Apartments

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 am, September 03, 2009