We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Webjet screwed up again...

Adelaide Hills...
Level Contributor
8 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Webjet screwed up again...

I booked flights from Adelaide to London on Qatar using Webjet. Got the confirmation from both but next day was emailed to say flights cancelled due credit card declining. Checked with bank and Webject had taken over $10,000 in 30 minutes when it should have been $3000. Seven lots of $1500 odd and one of $3k.. plus a $54 fee.

After hours of waiting, and talking to two people, told that it would be refunded but no explanation on why the cock up, and just told to rebook. When told that it would cost me an extra $600 to book the flight I had been confirmed on... just got... Sorry, from some poor clerk.

Webjet do not have a complaints telephone number and no wonder. I now have to pay over $1,000 to ensure that get to the UK on time or lose the hoilday cottage/car hire that I had also booked.

Never again with Webjet.... now a case of waiting to see if the $10,000 plus does come back in three days.

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
2,633 posts
693 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Webjet screwed up again...

always the advice on these forums - especially the Air Travel Forum is;

"book directly with the airline/s"

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
8,996 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Webjet screwed up again...

No surprise to many people.

I feel for you

Cheers

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,143 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Webjet screwed up again...

Why don't you dispute the payment with your credit card company? If you didn't authorize it, they should sort it.

I feel for you, but not surprised. Webjet are only ever useful for price comparison purposes.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,043 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Webjet screwed up again...

sucks

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
12,778 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Webjet screwed up again...

Yes, contact your CC company, they "should" sort it straight away.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Webjet screwed up again...

Hi Steve

We have received your message on Product Review, and this case is currently with head office for review.

Thanks

Webjet.

Oz
Level Contributor
14,659 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Webjet screwed up again...

Hi,

>>We have received your message on Product Review, and this case is currently with head office for review.<<

Of course I'll still love you in the morning !

Congratulations you have won the Nigerian Lottery. Please send your bank account details to www. thisisnotascam.com

Cheers,

8. Re: Webjet screwed up again...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 19, 2017