We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

YHA hostel tour package

singapore
Level Contributor
12 posts
14 reviews
YHA hostel tour package

Hello, has anyone tried YHA tours before? Any reviews or comments? How long before the trip should we book the tour? Can book on the same day when we are going? I will be going on a solo backpack trip, and was wondering if I should book the day tours in advance or should I shop around for tour package while I'm there.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
4,740 posts
51 reviews
1. Re: YHA hostel tour package

Hi

Where and when are you going? What day trips are you looking at?

In general I would wait until you arrive in a place to book day tours, unless you are travelling in a busy period or with super strict timeframes.

As far as I am aware YHA do not run tours, but like most hostels will book tours with local operators. In touristy areas you will also find booking agents pretty much everywhere you look.

Edited: 8:57 pm, January 03, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,774 posts
2. Re: YHA hostel tour package

Thats pretty much right that YHA dont have tours

but will book one for you from one of tour operators

in place you are

An example was a tour that leaves from Alice Springs

to Uluru & Kata Tjuta which takes 3 days and 2 overnight

camping out The Rock Tour which I heard of long before

getting to Northern Territory so while at YHA in Darwin

I book it thru that hostel

Paid in Darwin and when I arrived & stayed at YHA

Alice Springs they had voucher which I took to

tour office and got instructions for tour

And as ihad no sleeping bag I paid extra to tour

operator fore hire of one Very simple

singapore
Level Contributor
12 posts
14 reviews
3. Re: YHA hostel tour package

thanks for all e replies!

I saw the day tour packages offered on yha websites and they said is managed by yha travel.

however, thwir tour package now are till 31st march 2014, but I'll be going in may.

then maybe i will book tours that is overnight first before going australia, then prob for day trips I will book it when im in australia.

I will go to sydney, melbourne and adelaide for 2 weeks. wouls really appreciate if anyone can recommend good budget tours for solo backpackers..

thanks!!

thanks!

4. Re: YHA hostel tour package

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 12, 2015