We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road Trip Adelaide to Melbourne to Sydney

Durban, South Africa
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Road Trip Adelaide to Melbourne to Sydney

Hi Everyone,

I are planning to spend New year in Sydney and would like your advise on which road is the best to take and what is the best things to do.

We want to start our journey in Adelaide and then move to Melbourne. We heard that it is great to do the great ocean drive to see the 12 apostles and do tree top walking (think that is what they call it). Where would you suggest we stay the 1st night on our way to Melbourne. (want to do Adelaide to Melbourne 2 days is that enough?) and want must we not miss.

Then onto Sydney. Have no Idea what there is to see between Melbourne and Sydney and what we must see and not miss. Would also like to do this in 2 days Is this possible?

Then finally what is must do's in Sydney?

As you can see I have no idea and would really appreciate all and any help and suggestions.

Thank you for your help

perth,W.A
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Road Trip Adelaide to Melbourne to Sydney

I think the Great Ocean Road is the best way for a road trip with full of scenic views and enjoyable tour. If you want best accommodation with affordable price then you have to go through this: mybusinesscentral.com.au/ads/…

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
16,330 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Road Trip Adelaide to Melbourne to Sydney

At 3 days Adelaide to Melbourne via Great Ocean Road. Then fly to Sydney. January is the busy holiday season, the coast will be crowded, accommodation might have minimum stays and 2 days is too short for Melbourne to Sydney at the best of times. (I'm surprised you didn't mention holiday season accommodation issues Ella15perth_W_A ?)

Edited: 3:27 am, July 06, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
26,349 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Road Trip Adelaide to Melbourne to Sydney

>>>I are planning to spend New year in Sydney<<<

Just to verify.

You're planning to spend the New Year in Sydney or New Years Eve? Two vastly different things in terms of accommodation.

If it is indeed New Years Eve, your "must do" is to book your accommodation in Sydney before you go ahead and plan everything else.

Durban, South Africa
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Road Trip Adelaide to Melbourne to Sydney

Hi Thank you for your posts we want to be in Sydney 29 December - 2 January

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
26,349 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Road Trip Adelaide to Melbourne to Sydney

That being the case, I would strongly advise you organise your accommodation in Sydney first, before planning anything else. Availability is extremely limited and would already be getting towards 'difficult'.

6. Re: Road Trip Adelaide to Melbourne to Sydney

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, July 14, 2014