We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Working Holiday

Perth, Scotland...
3 posts
Save Topic
Working Holiday

Looking to go for a working holiday

But i have a few questions?

What are the first things i should do when i get there?

What about where to live?

Also what about driving there all over australia?

Is it worth it?

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,812 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Working Holiday

before you even get here - get the right visa & have sufficient cash in your bank to last you some time -

if you use the search box (directly above your post) you will find dozens of posts on this topic - most of yur questions will be answered

Perth, Scotland...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Working Holiday

Im looking to take about £3-4000

Where to stay? Once there?

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,812 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Working Holiday

Australia is a VERY big place ... you need to do a lot more research - we know nothing about you so how can anyone offer any suggestions.

Use the search box (directly above your post) and search (like you would on a google search) for things like 'working holiday' 'backpacker' etc - there are plenty of posts on this topic - all offering useful advice - when you have something more substantial than just a request for us to do your research & planning come back and there will be people who can help.

a google search of 'working holidays in Australia' would not go astray either.

Perth, Scotland...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Working Holiday

I have done this

I have just asked where is the best kind of places to stay (hostels, hotels, rent an apartment?

But this is going of subject a little

Im lookibg to become a NDT technician (material technician)

Could someone explain the SOL and the CSOl

If I was looking to move to Australia permanently is it easily done?

Thanks

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
14,454 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Working Holiday

A) speak to the Dept of Immigration regarding your specific immigration needs.

B) working holidays are discussed more on the Travellerspoint forums than here. It's where your age group and nationality hang out more and discuss WHV and places to live etc which would be more informative than here which is more about holidays.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6,698 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Working Holiday

Where did you intend to start your trip i.e. WA, NSW? How long where you intending to stay? 3-4K GBP won't last that long these days....These questions have a bearing on answers and what do you mean by "best kind of places to stay"? Best how? From a self catering perspective? Apartment ....From a location to public transport perspective?...Normally hotels From a meeting people perspective? .....hostels....

Plus you are 'looking to become a material technician" - does this mean you aren't currently and want to try and get a vacation job and pick up experience here? It is not that easy to get work in Australia these days and if you have no or limited experience ...

And as to ease of moving here? Not easy - start on the site that gets you your visitors visa... http://www.immi.gov.au/living-in-australia/

edited to ad - I agree with # 5 PP - this site is about holidays nor relocation. Another site that could be of help is britishexpats.com/forum/

Edited: 7:06 pm, April 16, 2013
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6,698 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Working Holiday

should have been NOT relocation...but can't edit twice...

8. Re: Working Holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, April 18, 2014